New DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your not yanking my chain. i was just about to buy that new asus crosshair board but then i found this. DFI FTW

Yanking your chain about Tuesday you mean? Tuesday's a joke, it means we don't know and we're not willing to speculate. We've been saying "it's coming out on Tuesday" for the life of the entire thread. Sorry to disappoint, but nobody really knows when it's coming out yet. When we do, I'm sure this board'll be the first to know.

Any news on the 570 SLi boards? I'd love the 590, but the price is a tad too steep. I hope DFI continues the mid-range boards with some nice OC'ing skills. Very anxiously waiting for the boards to debut..

~Ibrahim~

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I have a raid 5 array of 4 7200.7 160gig HD's. The performance is on par with about 2.7 of the same drives in a raid0 array. However, the reason i have them is not performance (i have a raid0 of 2x36 raptors for that). My raid0 array has constant errors, despite me being particularly religious about cooling and defragging the drives. Its just payoff from using an onboard controller with 10k RPM drives.

However my raid5 has been rocksolid. Even when one of the drives died mysteriously 2 months ago i was able to get another on warranty and replace it.

You may think that having any sort of raid in this setup is stupid, i could just have 4 seperate 160 gig drives, and save myself losing 160gigs to parity information. However apart from the fact that I will sacrifice the 160gigs gladly for safety, its just EASIER to have the 4disks represented as one. And nobody in thier right minds would use JBOD arrays :)

my 2 cents