Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

also, 2x80 wouldnt even hit 150MB/s, let alone the 300MB/s limit (And they have 150/300 EACH, so thats invalid logic anyway)

CPDMF has it right, being on PCI would hold it back more.

IMO, boot 2x80 RAID off the Sil, and use the other two drives (non-RAID) for storage on the ULI.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no more get errors since i use the 7/28, the driver beta (fix) for the F6 install, and when in windows i use the driver added last month on DFI download site, there's the version 2.13 and 2.14, i use the 2.14 integrate and nothing to say more.. no error in the event viewers.. no more freeze at all too... ( need say too my HDD's in Raid0 are totally full, only some Go on each partition...)

I'm still up in the air about installing the new BIOS and drivers... I'll go ahead and do it in the name of science on Thursday (have a lot of drinking to do tomorrow). Notice I still have the latest "stable" BIOS DFI has offered. Let's see what the beta does to my RMA board.

That's my theory. If it still works just fine and hasn't bluescreened in awhile it's time for a change.

I have another brand board with the ULI 1575 on it and it has yet to do anything stupid or throw an error in event viewer.. Although they did have some issues early on Asus seems to have cleaned it up quite nicely..

Well, at least I know it'll work if I revert the BIOS. Just have to make sure it's handy. Besides, it'll be nice to know and maybe shed some light onto things, although I doubt it since I have a decent RMA.

Anybody have an X850XT Crossfire they want to sell? :D

Guest Archangel

Nice! yeah, that's one error I never had with my A8R32-MVP Deluxe either. It has many other issues though that made me run out and get the LANParty UT CFX3200-DR.

Well, I set up the SILimage, and I went ahead and did a 4x80b RAID0, no it wont go as fast, just as everyone said, but its faster then when I only had 2x80gb on it. So I guess Im better off with 4 then 2.

Now for crap and giggles I set up a RAID0 4x80gb on the UiL, one time, just to make sure I didnt miss anything last time. Well I also enabled the NCQ, I hadnt done that before, so far after 4 hrs I have had no errors or freezes. The video runs smooth with no studders in the audio and seems to be all good, but that could change real quick.

I dont know if its the 4 drives or the NCQ that is making it work, or kicking the case and throwing the drives out the window did it, but something is diffrent! If I have issues with this set up I will go back to the Silimage again and deal with it. Now im dealing with my expert RAID, it wont let load XPMCE, so Im working on that now, while I test the UIL for errors.

Thanks again guys, this thread has been very helpful and you all have been very kind to give up your time!

Guest Archangel

I used the F6 drivers when installing Windows and still had the freezing through the install and afterwards.

I'm reading up as much as I can on bios modding. I want to check out the RAID ROM on this Asus and compare it with the one on the CFX. Take me a little time...

The modded version is already in your mailbox.

Tmod

Guest Archangel

Let us know how the modded BIOS goes when trying it out. If it's the only fix we're gonna get, then I'll look at it is an option instead of RMA'ing the motherboard down the road.