Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed a friends CFX3200 that has the ULI bug because I already sent mine back to DFI.

Using the Bios rom from the Asus didn't help, 15 errors just installing windows on a 2 X Raptor array. Tried 4 different F6 drivers and 3 sets once in Windows..

I thought my board had problems, my buddies board is a complete pile, warm boot issues, can't change the cpu multiplier without making at least 3 boot attempts, mem timings have to be run pretty loose or it will error out.. I guess his is going back as well..

Guest Archangel

WOW! I guess RMA is the only shot so far and it's all a matter of luck with the board you get in return. :sad:

Good Lord! Sorry to hear about your buddy's board.. I finally got my other raptor, ran the raid 0 with them, and still got the freeze. :/ 2 more raptors are coming in the mail soon, so I'm going to put data on those and see if those freeze. So my set up will eventually be 2x36gig raptors that have windows on it, and 2x36 gig raptors [for games, movies, etc]. So we'll see how this goes.

I should just inform people (especially new comers) that the freeze that most of us are talking about is not necessarily an unrecoverable system hang, but a temporary [usually 5-10 seconds] point in time at which the computer does not respond to any commands (such as x-ing out of a window, restoring a window, or copying and then pasting a file [the process becomes frozen].) These points in times also affect video and or audio playback negatively by looping the sound, freezing the video, or solely just freezing the video as sound continues normally. During gaming though, load times may be harmed because of this, but in actual game play, since the HD is not necessarily being used as the ram, cpu, and gpu takes up most of the work, these freezes are not [as] occurent, if not, not occurent at all during gameplay.

SOMEONE FROM DFI READ THIS DAMNIT!

Guest Archangel

Just to add a bit of what SiLvABuLLetZ said. 5 to 10 second freezes is just the low-end of the scale. Depending ont he driver combination, I've experienced freezes as long as just over a minute but the did respond normally after that until the next freeze.

Guest Archangel

"ULI freezing issue seems to have gone away with 16K allocation units and 16k stripe size."

Are the allocation units and stripe size only related to raid setups?

Guest Archangel

Okay, that's good to know. If for some reason that managed to work, I was willing to go buy a 750GB Seagate and dump 2 of my 320GB's on it just to run Raid and give that a try to see if it worked for me.

Negative. Not worth it lol. Arch, I was wondering.. Which uli sata drivers are you using, 2.14, or 2.20's? Some guy with 2.14 said he didn't have the freeze, then again someone with the 2.20 said he didn't either.. My last resort is to try the 2.14 drivers, because I have tried everything else.

Guest Archangel

I'm not using the ULI right now. I moved over to the SI. I tried what's on the motherboard CD, the 2.13's, and the 2.20's with no success. The 2.13's were a bit better though in terms of how long my system would freeze.