Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Tech support is looking at these threads, so if you have a problem with your board similar to the problem we've been explaining [quick freeze issue], then please post. Take 10 seconds out of your time to post so that they see how big a deal this is.

Thanks.

SiLvABuLLetZ

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know the thing that really sucks is that AM2 has been out for a while now and I have high end DDR ram (expensive), high end (at the time, expensive) CPU, 2 high end Videocards (cheaper now) and a useless motherboard.

If I decide to "throw the toys out of the cot" as it were and go Conroe, I would have to try and flog off this expensive ram (probably get an alright price) and maybe 1/5th of the purchase price of the CPU.

I wouldn't probably be even half way to a 975X and a good Core 2 Duo CPU and I am broke and paying off this piece of (expensive) crap at the moment. Well at least I can reuse the PSU and Vid Cards but the Mobo would probably head for the bin (or some noob sucker).

Plus I recently upgraded my little brothers computer and it is totally stable! (ASUS M2N Deluxe, Leadtek 7900GS, some GeIL DDR2 800, X2 4200+ & Win XP Pro OEM (bloody micro$oft now I have a useless license for a dead Gigabyte 754 Mobo)).

That is my whinge (Oh and I have a spare 9800 Pro AIW and another 2x 512MB of DDR 400 Kingmax Value Ram, doing nothing.)

To the point... At least this piece of (expensive, almost worthless) crap doesn't freeze too often, mostly when recording TV (grrr), watching recorded DVD's from the HD or (the most annoying) when doing backups to an external USB/Firewire Drive (freezes every 2 minutes when doing this, double grrr).

5 months and no solution.

Guest Archangel

It's really not all that useless. Hell, I bought this board hoping it would be the last one I'd buy for socket 939 and that it would hold me off until the Quad Cores hit the market. Hopefully we'll see a fix soon so I can continues to enjoy this system even after the Quad Cores hit because I could use a decent system just to do work on, serve some files for my network, etc.

POST! Hope they get my name too!

Everyone keeps asking if I,ve tryed the new F6, Uli drivers and Bios all that, YES and nothing makes it better!!!!!!!! I have done everything everyway and still have issues. I have been on the other side of this too and I had a working board but it blew up and I had to RMA it for this one. So I know what they are thinking(the ones that dont have the issue) they dont understand at all!

Ok now I got that out, are they really looking at this thread or is that hearsay?

nVidia has an obligation to fix any product they make (even if ULI made before they bought them) as for ATI and AMD being the reason they wont, thats BS, I didnt or dont work or make money from those companys and really, I am a ULI customer and should get a fix, just as if I had a nVidia board or chip. Its not ATI or AMD or DFI suffering, its us, the common folk! If they want to just ignore us, then they are very short sided and will loose me and more, as a future customers. But i would hope this is not true and they are working with DFI to solve this!

I hope they get a fix soon but till then I have 2 RAID cards comming and Im going to use that!

They are looking at this, I am speaking with a tech support guy directly. He's open to the issue, but in terms of a new bios.. He has been quite skeptical.. We have to let it be known that this issue is wide scale, which it is, they aren't ready to accept that..

Guest SaLadin_SS

well there is some pretty compotent people on here who are having the problem. i waited to purchase this board till the issue was fixed, but at this point it doesnt look like that going to happen. So i refused to opurchase the board new. I mean why buy some thing that clearly is disfunctional? Or at the very least will most likey be disfunctional?

So i waited and purchased a used one so i could take the money i saved i by pass the problem all together with a controller card.

But i wonder how many other people seen the issue and desided to pass on the board? I wonder If the sales lost would have justified just fixing the problem?

I suppose DFI knows and from there lack of action dont beleive so :(

Okay, i got this board back in April or so and was plagued by this problem. I put the board down until now and haven't really been keeping track of what's going on. Am I to understand that all these months later no comprehensive fix truly exists yet? Is there a FAQ somewhere to get me back up to speed?

Thanks,

David

This is a 52 page long thread on this issue. SiLvABuLLetZ: That techie shouldnt have to be skeptical, this thread IS TOO DAMN LONG for a typical few user issues, odds are more have it but they dont come to this forumto report it. DFI need to fix this, or its all going to hurt them in the future.

I have no problem giveing them my board to test and see. All they need to do is try to watch TV for a few and see in event viewer that it has errors and can hear the audio freezups. Also they should try to copy some files from a USB drive and it will freeze for them too.

I have two RAID cards comming but would put that aside to get this fixed. Hell Ive been on both sides of this, I had a working board for 2 months and it crashed, LAN and Code Leds blew. The ULI worked fine on that one, with then CD drivers too. Now I have my RMAed board and had have nothing but issues with the ULI, I have done everything, in every combination to fix it, with no resolts! So take my board and see!

Hope they take a look at a few of our boards t see its no just a few!

I'm sorry, I'm still confused as to what is going on here...do these ULI errors just show up from usage of the ULI sata ports, or just when raid is enabled? Is everyone pissed that they can't set up raid between the two controllers?

And my last question, which was actually gonna be my first question: Is it possible to use both the Sil and ULI sata ports at the same time, but with no intention of a raid array? I'm getting more HDD's and I like to use the Sil ports but I have yet to get this accursed ULI error and am scared to do anything to F'up my rig. Thx.

[Resolved]

I tried downloading the NVIDIA ULi driver and updating from that, using Device Manager and New Hardware Wizard. Afterwards, my Device Manager didn't show it as being properly updated, so I dragged the new files into WINDOWS and I'm running the latest M5288 drivers now (version 6.221 "not digitally signed"). It still shows up as version 1.0.5.8 with release date of 12/23/2005, but the actual drivers are the 2006 version and the coin5288.dll remained the same between the two dates. At least I didn't have to do a disk wipe and clean install of my OS. To be honest, I see no real improvements and compatibility has never been an issue.

I'm getting a memory upgrade next week, from 2x512 HyperX to 2x1GB OCZ Platinum. When I do get it, I may just do a wipe and clean install anyway, along with cleaning off the stock NB and SB chipsets of their TIM and applying some Ceramique. Sometimes in the past Win XP would tell me I had 3 days to reactivate my product, when all I did was switch out memory modules for a different brand. Probably best to just reset everything and start fresh, once I get the hardware I plan on sticking with for awhile. This way I can do the F6 Uli install while doing the clean OS install on a freshly wiped Raptor.

Ok, these are 2 very important posts. The first, questions if the freezes only occur in RAID. Out of curiousity, has anyone experienced the freeze bug on single drive set ups? The 2nd post: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65921 explains how to install the new raid's without doing the clean install of windows. I asked Fxed to post a more detailed approach, so wait for that before trying. This is very important, as now different raids can be tested without having to reinstall windows each time. I say we all go on a raid driver testing spree. Try ULI 2.13's files, 2.14's files, 2.20's files, and the 6.0.0.1 files, and the "newer" beta revision 1 files on dfi's cfx3200 driver download site.