Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I knew. Is it a hard drive type problem? Is it the bios version? I can't see why a few boards bought at the same time would be glitched with the same bug while others are fine.. I think it's a bios version issue. I want to try 5/23/06 as I was told that was the bios that fixes the uli error issue. But first, I'm going to set up my hd's in raid 0 correctly b4 assuming my board is bugged..

Edit: Tried an infinite combination of drivers/bioses/settings. None worked, as the same for many people who have been experiencing the same problem. Def. a controller issue.

-BuLLetZ

Hi Lavelle, thanks so much for that list above of how you went about installing your windows w/ your motherboard and latest drivers. I appreciate it very much.

So far I've gotten another raptor 36GB to work with the other 1, so hopefully that, and the drivers will fix the freeze bug I've been having. So far i've installed windows flawlessly with no quick freezes as I had before.. So everything's looking bright so far! ;D

Guest Lavell

That's very good to hear. I'm glad I was able to help. Let me know how the computer's performance turns out.

Well I have done a week of doing everything everyone said and still Im having problems. Its all working with 2 80gb drives Raid0 but Im getting fast studders in the audio while watching video, any video. The audio every 2-3min will just studder and its very distracting. I can only assume that the Raid is freezing very quickly but it is.

Well since I know the SIlimage works fine and I have my 2 other 80gb drives Im going to just run 4x80gb on that SIL RAID0. I cant get the ULI to work right and its just a pain to keep trying. 10-11 reinstalls of XP and all my programs and then testing I am done.

Ok, if 4 drives in Raid0 is twice as fast as 2 then, 4x80gb at [email protected] should be equal to, 2x80gb [email protected]. At least the math makes it so. Ill do that tonight or tomarrow and then time test it to make sure its just as fast, I hope it is.

Anyhow, thanks to all that have put so much of their time on this and I hope someday, someone will get some type of fix for this.

Only problem with that is the 3114 is on the PCI bus and not the PCI-E bus so it is limited to 133 MB/Sec theoretically, 120 MB/Sec is about it realistically. 2 drives will just about cover everything the SIL 3114 can carry..

Guest Archangel

I've also tried just about everything in this thread to get teh ULI controller to work properly with no hiccups, etc with no success. Since I use my machine for doing some paperwork at home sometimes, i've had to switch to the SI controller until there's a universal fix for the problem. I still like this board a lot though and it's ways better than the A8R32-MVP Deluxe I was running before it. Where's all of those great DFI techs that design these amazing motherboards? They should be able to fix the problem and hopefully soon.

Guest Archangel

I formatted at least 5 times last night trying many different combinations of drivers. Some worked better than others but sitll, it didn't stop the freezing completely. I do like to game as well so that would be quite annoying playing something online and having my system freeze for a minute or so while I get fragged repeatedly.

Guest Archangel

Pretty much the same here and I don't want to RMA it and possibly end up with something worse. Besides, shipping it off means my system is offline until I get a replacement and that would also mean another format. I just really hope they come up with some sort of definite fix for this issue soon.