Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to use the SIL for anything but storage drives myself.

I'm not having any luck these days with anything else though. I borrowed a highpoint card from a friend and was able to boot from it and get everything working so I ordered one. Of course like everything I do with this CFX3200 the new card arrives defective. I am going to return it to newegg for a refund and RMA the board until they send me one that works, but even a working board will still have the issue of not being able to use the SIL3114 while RAID is enabled on the ULI so I will still have a defective board.. Maybe I'll just cut my losses and put the board and controller cards on ebay.

I threw my expert back together last night so I could get back to using my computer. All is well now. Fast drives in a working array and 2 storage drives on the SIL controller. Lost a little in benchmarks because the memory won't clock as well but I run pretty much any game maxed out at my monitors refresh rate so I'll never see it..

Hi guys,

I was reading all of the posts within this thread, thinking I was going to experience the same issues you all have when my motherboard comes in. I had just gotten it 2 days ago from Newegg.com, upgrading my rig from the RDX200 CF-DR motherboard. I put my rig together as indicated in my signature. I have no problems with the board whatsoever! :) Here's what I did as I was putting this rig together:

1) Flashed the motherboard using the updated BIOS (2006/07/28).

2) Connected my Raptors to SATA ports 1 & 2, which utilizes the southbridge chipset.

3) Created a RAID with the Raptors using 64k stripe size.

4) Installed the latest ULi RAID drivers. These are the drivers needed when installing Windows XP after pressing F6.

5) After installing Windows, I installed the latest chipset drivers.

I've obtained the latest RAID drivers from DFI's website and chipset drivers from nVidia's website. Again, no problems with the board, not even the ULi freezing issue. When comparing your experiences with mine, I can only assume that there was a board revision. I'm not sure about how true that is, but it's my guess. I hope this helps.

But I do have a problem with Smart Guardian. It's posting voltages way too high, setting off an alarm. The only thing that's overclocked is the processor. All voltages are set to default. I've looked on the website for an update, but didn't find one. I'm trying to figure this one out...

As you requested...

Latest BIOS: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bio..._FLAG=A&SITE=NA

Download Date code 2006/07/28

Latest RAID Driver: http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/dri..._FLAG=A&SITE=NA

Scroll down this page until you see RAID Driver revision 6.1.0.0

Latest Chipset Driver: http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_drivers.html

Download Intergrated220.

I hope this helps.

Happy, I think your right but its very wrong! They must know at some point, we will use their boards too, which I do right now, 3 of them. Thats very short minded on their part, to put customers in the cold.

I just think its BS that they would do that, in fact how can DFI not do something to make them fix it. My god, DFI must be one of there top chipset buyers.

So, just in spite, nVidia will make the customer suffer? What does that have to do with ATI? They are just making a bad name for themself by doing, well not doing anything about it. I was always in the middle when it came to ATI vs. nVidia, but I know where I stand now. This whole thing is just dumb, like two kids fighting and one kicking the other out of their yard, just dumb. Heck in another year, this wont even be an issue, with everyone switching to the new platforms, just fix it nVidia and get over yourself!

Happy, I think your right but its very wrong! They must know at some point, we will use their boards too, which I do right now, 3 of them. Thats very short minded on their part, to put customers in the cold.

I just think its BS that they would do that, in fact how can DFI not do something to make them fix it. My god, DFI must be one of there top chipset buyers.

So, just in spite, nVidia will make the customer suffer? What does that have to do with ATI? They are just making a bad name for themself by doing, well not doing anything about it. I was always in the middle when it came to ATI vs. nVidia, but I know where I stand now. This whole thing is just dumb, like two kids fighting and one kicking the other out of their yard, just dumb. Heck in another year, this wont even be an issue, with everyone switching to the new platforms, just fix it nVidia and get over yourself!

Well said.