unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

I recieved two chips with a stepping I haven't seen much of to date, the Opteron 165 CCBWE 0550UPMW. I have only been able to get 1 of them to 2.52 GHz 280x9 at 1.56v and the other to 2.484 GHz at 1.58v... I was hoping for more. I'm new to OC'ing, but am pretty sure this is close to the top, I couldnt get it to pass prime even at 2.565 GHz with 1.65 Volts. Still trying to find the lowest voltage 2.52 GHz is stable at. Looks like max OC for these two chips of mine will be between 2.475 and 2.565GHz.

I got your same stepping for my 175: i'm still assembling the rig but i can run @ 250*10 at stock voltage flawlessy...your OC seems low even for a "bad" chip: are you sure that you have tried all the possible reasonable settings? (above all the DRAM setting!)

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

melt5, if you have it at 245x10 then your chip is already performing at the level of an $800+ chip, I really don't see this as reason enough to RMA.

Let's see, his dividers aren't working, how is that not enough for RMA?

Scan have some opty's in stock ( retail ) not many but if you need one get there !!!!
Cool, going to check now! You know wht stepping these are, Europe seems to hae 0550UPMW's which seem to be pretty good

:)

-EDIT-

Just checked, only seem to have the 180

I got your same stepping for my 175: i'm still assembling the rig but i can run @ 250*10 at stock voltage flawlessy...your OC seems low even for a "bad" chip: are you sure that you have tried all the possible reasonable settings? (above all the DRAM setting!)

Well, I was running at the .5 mem divider so mem was running super slow... on top of that, my DRAM was stable for over 8 hours at 264 MHz... so I'm not sure what else to try, but I am sure my memory was running well below what I have tested it stable to. I'm running stock HSF and temps are hitting 46 and 48 on the chips respectively, I was going to upgrade to the xp-90, but if my procs can't break 2.520 then theres really no need at this time. I am new at this and definitly open to suggestions... I really truly hope I just am missing something so I can get some higher speeds :)

I have a Opty 170 on the way. Anyone have any experience with the CCBWE 0546XPMW stepping? I could have got a CCBWE 0550UPMW, but haven't heard much about it.

Here's some results from for a 170 CCBWE 0546XPMW from eva2000 at i4Memory.com

@2600mhz 1.312v AUTO vcore

Idle temp: 31C

Load temp: 39C 24hrs dual prime

@2700mhz 1.376v vcore

Idle temp: 32C

Load temp: 41C dual prime

@2750mhz 1.392v vcore

Idle temp: 33-36C

Load temp: 45-48C dual Cpuburn K7 stress testing

@2800mhz 1.488v vcore

Idle temp: 34-37C