unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

I'll just have to contend with the X2 Manchester. I am pretty sure it was my fault because the hardware that is holding the Apogee block had to be modded and it was touching the motherboard platform. I did make a 1/2 of an inch hole but it was touching it by just a hair and it was enough to conduct electricity. I put the Manchester on the Expert and it booted up flawlessly with the stable settings that passed prime. The setup is complete and it looks very good with the UV lights. Thanks Dave.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok right now dual priming at 2800mhz, temps are reading on mbm at full load 41c on air this is with 1.56v (bios) and 11/25/05 bios verision. With lower voltage core 1 craps out. core 0 is much much stronger as I ran prime at 3000mhz and core 1 fail imediately but core 0 kept going for 5hrs. before it failed (on air) Also wondering if by getting a better fan will improve my temps. now mine is a delta 79cfm thinking of a delta 142 cfm.

any thoughts ?

I had a 120MM Detlta fan that pushed 190CFM and it was so noisey you could hear it outside, No kidding!!!! Anything above 90CFM, they really start punching out some noise, ANd it gets irritating!!!

I'm taking the IHS off my Opteron 170 today at 3ghz primestabe it absolutely craps on my single stage phase change unit giveing me temps of -1 -2 dual prime load & -29 idle so out comes my razor I want to go further than 3000 aiming for 3200 - 3500 for benching maybe a bit hopefull we will see.

Having a few problems getting my 170 torture stable @ 2.9GHz using as per sig, I have a temp probe attached to the top side of the IHS that gets upto ~ 38c so maybe overheating ??

I may have to flip the lid but only as a last option, not knowing correct temps is a real downfall for the expert :rolleyes: , it has FA to do with using an Opty as temps are reported wrong using an X2 3800

Oh and a bit OT but does anyone know were I can find pics of ware to place DMM probes to check for correct Vcore and Vdimm ?? Thks :)

FINALLY!!! IT'S HERE !!!!! :)

Got my opty 175 0550UPMW and just about pop it in. Gotta say theough, THe standard H+F is a fair beast. Copper pipping with copper base and aliminium fins, Nice, but think ill use the XP-120 :)

Let you guys know as soon as i get some prelimenary resualts, Cant test it fully till next weekend, busy weekend :(

This is really prelinamery but here it is

Opteron 175 0550UPMW

Got it from 2.2 to 2.7 and its not even breaking a sweat. Memtest stable, Aint done prime95 yet though but pretty certain it'll do fine. It's running 32 degree's idle and 40 degree's load :P It's running 270x10 on a 1:1 divider

Bassically its running FX-60 speeds :)

I'm certian it will hit 2.8 for sure and may be most of the way to 2.9 before tempretures start kicking in. Just hope both core's can handle it :)

Instead of priming it now (aint got time) im going on BF2 and that seems to be the acid test. I had my winnie stable & memory stable @ 285 except for BF2, crashed out every now and then.