DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, definately best of luck to all of you.

Is there an OldGuy morning update?

OldGuy is very frustrated and burned out from installing and re-installing OS...IDE drive with optimized defaults and one stick of ram = failure upon first reboot during OS install. SATA II drive on channel one = no problems during install of OS, just slow as all hell thereafter. SATA II drive on channel 5 = failure upon first reboot during OS install...

Memory? Drives? BIOS settings? Drivers? Dunno. Tinkered with plenty as there is plenty to tinker with. Not having any fun what so ever...Now I get to sit here all day at work and wonder what I'm missing that I'm sure will be something ridiculously simple ;)

Sometimes it's good to be away from a troublesome rig for a while.

So is Port #1 the Sil Image controller or is that #5?

I'm assuming F6 drivers are needed during windows install or NO?

Or RAID yes and Single SATA no?

Hi Folks ...

just found out that there are at least 2 Bios Versions around, as the stock version i got on mine differs from the version on the official DFI page. If someone wants to host the "European" Stock Version - pm me an E-Mail addi and ya get it.

So far OS installed ok - but my Opteron was not as good as on the nF4 (12x250@1,45V). But i keep tweaking :D , maybe the other bios version helps a bit .... gonna flash it a bit later on ...

Pete X man it is the same bios as was shipped mine. The 10/11/05 bios version. The name it a11 on site because 'a' is Oct in hex. I think that is what threw you off. No problemO though as I had to look see and now I am sure. Thank you.

RGone...

Pete X man it is the same bios as was shipped mine. The 10/11/05 bios version. The name it a11 on site because 'a' is Oct in hex. I think that is what threw you off. No problemO though as I had to look see and now I am sure. Thank you.

RGone...

Hey - sure ... Name is the same - but the contens is different .. i did a byte to byte compare ... and there were differences ...

Left is the EU - right the Version from the Website:

euvs2a111vk.th.jpg

cya

Pete