DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

If you have PS/2 keyboard or mouse, set Jp7 to pins 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 2. That should take care of the shutdown/restart problem.

The 3.25 memory thing may be nothing more than a windows thing as we get toward 4gigs memory on XP o/s. But you can go bios Advanced Chipset Features and set S/W and/or H/W memory hole remapping and see if you see a difference. If NOT I would turn those two 'back off' and not worry about it because it is using the memory.

RGone...

Hey RGone,

The jumper thing seems to have worked but the memory thing still has me a little confused...

original problem:

With both S/W and H/W memory hole DISABLED (default setting) the BIOS reports 3,406,848K memory and windows reports 3.25GB available.

New information after following RGone's advice:

With S/W ENABLED and H/W DISABLED the BIOS reports 4,193,280K memory and windows reports 3.00GB available.

With S/W DISABLED and H/W ENABLED the BIOS reports 3,931,136K memory and windows reports 3.25GB available.

With both S/W and H/W ENABLED the BIOS reports 3,931,136K memory and windows reports 3.25GB available.

Any other ideas? What exactly are these memory holes and why do they need (or not need) to be remapped??

The system has so far been very stable and I'm not going to complain too much, but dammit, I paid for 4GB of RAM and I would like to use as much of it as possible!! :)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drat, this 24+8 power connector thing has thrown me for a loop. Looks like I'm gonna go pick up a new PS tonight before playing with the board. Recomendations?

I'm using a SeaSonic S12-600W Power Supply and so far it's worked great.

Drat, this 24+8 power connector thing has thrown me for a loop. Looks like I'm gonna go pick up a new PS tonight before playing with the board. Recomendations?

check the psu link in my sig

I highly recommend the OCZ Powerstream 520w and 600w over any others

I also highly recommend the PCP&C 510, as well as the Enermax 600w

I can also recommend the inexpensive Skyhawk 520w, 570w, and 600w

A link of interest very likely...

Need OpteROON for shure. Hehehehe. One more update ahead of pics. Tony been up to 370 on a divider using a 3200+ Venice. So looks like optys with wienie 9x multis are still on "go". Hehehehehehe. Wish I had bought the first week I saw 11X optys since AMD is doing the downhill thing again from first toward the later. Dang it.

Ok since the RDX seems capable of making a cpu Mhz but is down on pure flat out 1:1 with TCCx > I decided to change my tactics and see what it would do with a slow Venice I have had that NEVER would prime at 2800Mhz. Well it does now it seems. And like I have said before in this thread if it will not prime 8 hours for us here it is not stable. Just how "I" have become lately. No harm no foul.

First up 270x10 for some hours...

a275x10rdx3d01.jpg

And moving on along to 280x10 which is the first 2800Mhz prime ever on this cpu with 'air'.

a280x10rdx3d01.jpg

Ok I had to get the trial of higher HTT for lower multi's sussed out and here it is as 340x8 with the memory on 166 BUT running for real at 272mhz which is within my 270 to 280 known good base. Using only an 8 multi so the 9 and 10 multi should be very much better to go high with Opty even a lower 144 Opty.

340x8 w/mem @272

a>

Take special note that 3d01 not slowed by any great amount. Along the lines of 1.2% and that is merely because I am now down from 2800Mhz total to only 2719Mhz. So the whole idea and prognosis is very very doable at no expense if one is fully understanding of facts and not fiction or supposition.

One thing I am am seeing on the rdx200 thing is a fast ethernet. I am getting to where I have to stop prime so I can use it to download. Hehehehe. Hate stopping prime but you know you got to play a little and see what really grabs you about a new setup.

RGone...

:eek2: :nod: thanks dude

i like to look at pretty pics so post some screenies to :D

i like the sound of this.....are you on an Opteron already or getting one :D

good stuff......first time at 2.8GHz too at the same voltage as 2.7GHz screen.....that's a nice Venice priming at 2.8GHz 1.53v.......

yeah looks like those opterons are starting to agressively speed bin (eva2000's theory) and some evidence is starting to trickle in with new CABNE CPUs 144/146 not clocking very high (2.85GHz stable at 1.6V)...........but those nice ones will be in the 148/150/152 range .....so yeah looks like you'll have to caugh up a fair bit more for a good OCer........ or beat up someone at XS to donate a week 30 CABNE heheheh

A link of interest likely...

Man I much need a good Opty. Hehehehe.

Ok here is the 340x8 w/Mem at 272Mhz and down to 2719Mhz total cpu speed.

Use this link to go back and see all three at one time and see that even IF you think the word is "on a divider" it really still scales right along with both the memory speed and the "TOTAL" Mhz when dealing with A64 and on cpu die memory controller. See first pic at 270 memory speed and see that the 272memory speed of theis 340x8 w/mem at 272mhz is ahead of 270 at 1:1. The whole overclocking concept for AMD A64 has changed to appear more Intel-like when they have run on a divider for years now. It is a new day and needs a new understanding. http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...9&postcount=219

a340x8mem1663d01.jpg

good stuff......first time at 2.8GHz too at the same voltage as 2.7GHz screen.....that's a nice Venice priming at 2.8GHz 1.53v.......

yeah looks like those opterons are starting to agressively speed bin (eva2000's theory) and some evidence is starting to trickle in with new CABNE CPUs 144/146 not clocking very high (2.85GHz stable at 1.6V)...........but those nice ones will be in the 148/150/152 range .....so yeah looks like you'll have to caugh up a fair bit more for a good OCer........ or beat up someone at XS to donate a week 30 CABNE heheheh

Rgone,

NB 1,8v ? Is this necessary for high clocks on your board? Or you picked the highest value to be safe

also 3,0v for TCCD :confused:

Hope to get mine tomorrow :shake:

jaco you do 'not' know me but you can know that I run ""what it takes"". It is there because it takes it. As relates to chipset voltage forget what you thought you knew about previous boards. The chipset voltage choice for the ATI chipset is either 1.8V or 1.9V and that is that. It is not what is guessed at but what it is. Vdimm memory voltage wise it is what it takes. Some get by with a 'small' amount less but not much. So if you cannot get "your" preconceived ideas out of your mind then you will fail to run fast. Period. Now stock voltages are fine it seems for stock running but you up the need for speed and you better have the heart to up the voltages as you see me run. If not you will be miserable most likely.

Good luck man...

RGone...

Rgone,

NB 1,8v ? Is this necessary for high clocks on your board? Or you picked the highest value to be safe

also 3,0v for TCCD :confused:

Hope to get mine tomorrow :shake: