DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in reality though...this is sort of a useless feature for this board since most that buy it (and every that it is marketed to) will want to overclock it...and once you go above about 202 (DDR405) you lose this ability...and you are back at 2T

then you have poor USB performance (which I honestly don't care about...the USB works for me on my board and I only use a jumpdrive, gamepad, digital camera, and they all worked very well for me)....is USB performance that important to you? It really isn't to me...but we are all different.

the biggest drawback is lack of NCQ and SATA II...i am rebuilding my main rig with 4GB of memory, an X2 4400+, and 3 hdd's in RAID-0 for video editing and gaming etc. I thought for a minute about going with the RDX200 board I have...but decided against it because I have 3 Hitachi 80GB SATA II drives that are stellar, exceptional performers, and I want that to translate well on my rebuild...and so I stuck to my NF4 SLI-DR, which is still my overclocking champ, as well as my hdd performance champ.

As I had statetd earlier, the RDX200 CF-DR is a great board in teh sense that it boots right out of the box with EVERYTHING left at AUTO, and with now 11 different kits of memory in it...and they all work very well in the board.

as for overclocking....it probably is just me, but I cannot get this board to overclock for nothing, no matter what i put into it, no matter what settings I try.

I used the same hardware (3200+ Venice, Centon/GEIL tccd and GEIL/OCZ BH-5) that I have entered numerous times in the OC Database...and I cannot get this board to overclock...my highest was with Centon TCCD, and I achieved a measely 223HTT (223x10).

Now..I am not the best overclocker on the planet...and I know this is a new board...but I have spent since Friday morning fooling with this thing, and I have sat at the board with my finger on the reset button over and over and over and over and over and over again trying one setting at a time and nothing seems to work...so maybe I am retarded, maybe the board needs a bios update, or maybe it just is a dog for me (and you might have different results like Wes @ Anandtech did).

But for me....its a great board for stock speeds as it is very compatible and seems to boot with every memory I have.

But if I was going to choose it for overclocking...I would stick with the NF4 Lanparty, or wait for the Lanparty NF4 Expert, or the one I am REALLY looking forward to, our Lanparty RDX200 CF-BT (props to Tony/BigToe for his input on this board). I don't know if the Expert NF4 or the CF-BT ATI board is going to be good, better, worse, etc....but in the meantime, I am sticking to my NF4 Lanparty SLI-DR, and recommending it for overclocking.

I am recommending the RDX200 CF-DR to those who want a flashy board with decent features and ease of use in setting up.

keep in mind this is first generation, first run...so because I have had an easy time with it, does not mean you will, or that i found any of the issues that you guys will find...I've spent most of my time trying to overclock it, not playing any games or listening to music or any of the 'everyday' things that you all will use it for.

And as I stated earlier...my suggestion for you is to wait until we have had more time to play with the board....don't just run out and spend your money because it is new and a single review said that it is a decent board.

Being smart with your money is the most important thing you can do. If you have extra cash and want to check it out, by all means, buy one as they are good boards. If you don't have a lot of cash...then be patient and let the early-adopters come back and tell you what they think of the board.

Well, this board could be good if used for overclocking with an FX... by messing around with only the multipliers....

I have been posting everywhere, the biggest disappointment is DFI's use of the ATI SB450. They knew about it's problems back in May and they decided to take the chance ATI would fix it, plain and simple. They didn't have a chance to go with the ULi chipset like other mobo manufacturers did?

The question I have, did ATI ever plan to have NCQ and SATA2 support with their SB450? If not, then what the heck was DFI thinking ever wanting to go with it at all?

I'll have one by tomorrow, Thursday at the latest...

Rgone or AG, have either of you had a chance to pop a San Diego in there?

I've freed up my 2950Mhz 4000+ San Diego from my main rig (replaced it with an X2 4400+) so I will be using that next (the RDX has a 3200+ Venice in it right now)

ive got a 335MB video of how to put it together start-to-finish (well, from pulling it out of the static bag to getting windows installed)

not really much to it...same build routine as the NF4...one stick of memory, boot up, load optimized defaults, set bios how you like it, install windows...pretty easy stuff but I made a vid just in case...

:tooth:

Thanks A_G for your first impression on this board. I was torn between going with Corssfire and Expert since I heard of their release. After read your comment, my choice right now is Expert.

I am un poco dissapointed by this board. However, if there never had been a nf4 it would rock!!

Lack of SATA2 and decent USB2.0 performance arent very important, but they are there. The biggest thing Is that i believe I read somewhere OCing might be SOMEHWHAT less on these board than the nf4.

I however, will hold my final judgement until more people post reports.

i preorderd a opteron 146 and i don't have a socket 939 motherboard yet, but i plan on watching how the upcoming release of all the crossfire motherboards perform, and if any issues arrise besides what's already known. But i think i'd rather go with the ati chipsets over the nf4 just for the stablilty, if it proves to be stable over time too.