DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't personally think the lack of SATA II and by this I assume you mean SATA-300 (which is not the same thing as SATA II but I digress) actually makes much difference to the vast majority of users since I don't think any HD ever reaches the limit of the 150 bus and current trends suggests it's going to take quite a while before the bus is regularly saturated. And since SATA channels are all independent, even if your using multiple HDs or a RAID config it still doesn't matter.

The lack of NCQ and USB performance are perhaps more serious concerns. Having said that NCQ at the current time is a bit hit and miss. Most reliable benchmarks I've seen suggest at the current time NCQ implementations are that great and many HDs don't always perform better with NCQ. Of course, the option to have NCQ or not is great and I expect newer gen HDs are just going to get better at NCQ so it'll slowly become a must have option. But at the current time, even NCQ probably isn't that important. Having said that, I do use it with my 7200.8 and Ultra-D...

Man...the more I read replies from ya'll, the less inclined I am to buy it. I lean towards the ATI side myself, and thought it would be great to match up this board with an X1800XT when they get released. But now I'm thinking about going the SLI-DR route. Seems to be a tried and true board overall. And I will probably never have two cards at one time anyway.

Guest ElAguila

I won't have dual video either. I am interested in it as an overclocker board and I would like to see how the ati chipset performance compares to the nf4.

I have NO problem whatsoever running in the 300 to 303 FSB range with my PC4800 2x512 sticks from Ocz. THAT IS UNTIL you want to prime. And then at some point between 21 minutes and 4 hours 46 minutes>> PRIME WILL FAIL FOR ME. Benches up there it will run but in 152 hours of testing so far>> I cannot get prime to finish 8 hours to make entry in the OCDB here. I just switched CPC to Disabled and prime has run 1 hour and 44 seconds while I answered tech support emails and am now typing this to you. Running 300x9 on SanDiego 3700+ at this moment with XP-90 for cooling. Only prime time (got 7 hours to go) will tell when I get to the 8 hour make if I do. Then I will have for the first time run with CPC off. Past that I have had zero problems and my 7800GTX benches right about the same as when in my SLI board at the same speeds. Thank you.

RGone...

Prime=2 hours 9 mins 44 secs so far now...

I won't have dual video either. I am interested in it as an overclocker board and I would like to see how the ati chipset performance compares to the nf4.

Hiya ...

some strange things happend here :shake: - but well ... 1st i did try with the stock bios i had on my Board - Prime would fail within 20 mins at 12x240 and 12x250 (and i know my Opteron can do 12x250 Prime stable for +18hrs). After the discovery that the Bios on the DFI Page is slightly different (i did a byte to byte compare), i flashed it - and started again.

Prime 12x240 passed the 12h line without any Error :D ... now i run it 12x250 and already passed the 2h line without Probs :nod: ... so - somehow- the bios flash helped to get it stable. As Ram i use my OCZ PC5000 right now - same as during the 1st tests - so basically nothing changed - just the bios flash :confused:

After i get passed the 12h Prime Line ... I´ll start to check with higher htt`s - as right now the 250 seem to be finally ok.

I´ll keep ya posted :angel:

good going there.....lucky you have high multipliers......just in case you had to battle with the board with high HTT......it's very good to see the Opteron is running good too(as it's not formally supported and all).....post some screenshots as well........it's always nice to see pretty pics :D

good going there.....lucky you have high multipliers......just in case you had to battle with the board with high HTT......it's very good to see the Opteron is running good too(as it's not formally supported and all).....post some screenshots as well........it's always nice to see pretty pics :D

sure - here we go:

12x240

15012x24012hpcustom4fj.th.jpg

12x250

15012x2503h23mhpcustom5al.th.jpg

More will come when ready ...

Pete_X.. Nice cpu you got there.. high clock with low vcore is a good thing.. :D

Yup I 2nd tht! Very nice CPU, could you comment on the vCore regulation on tht mobo? Thts an amazing clock with 1.4v even on watercooling, I need 1.52v (bios, in reality 1.58v DD) to get prime95 stable and it aint stable for 8hrs! Max i get is 4hrs, good enough for me, but not for some.

I really want to grab another board, just to rule out bad vCore regulation on mine.