DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

Jebus, seems like results are all over the place so far.

Some seem full of issues, Angry's runs stable but doesn't OC, while Tony and RGone appear to have tamed the savage beast. Yes, it appears that throwing preconceived notions out the window is a requirement.

Excellent screenshots RGone. Hope everyone's build goes well.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Hah mR. soundx98 you appear very perceptive as is most always the case with your badself. HEhehehe.

Yes, it appears that throwing preconceived notions out the window is a requirement.

As you know soundx98 from real time conversations with me in another lifetime; that I will beat the p*ss out of a mobo and if possible force it to my way of thinking or as close thereto as possible given enough settings in the bios. The DFI boards never lack for settings in the LanParty series it seems. So I use them. Over time I have become convinced that DFI boards are not really kindly to jsp users. But in the hands of the logical thinking, pusher they can be simply astounding.

I started off cussing the raggedly blah blah POS and my normal tirade at computers in general until I regain my own personal senses. Then instituted RGone's 'normal' work or *flame* vendetta against the motherboard gods. Well the results are as you see in captures and so forth in conjunction with the knowledge that I have the rdx200 as my do the tech email board at this time. What a switch with only 164 hours of intensive tweaking the nose of the motherboard gods. Homework, homework and then a sort of mastery as it were. It comes to me often that way. Hard-headed numb MS red-nake that I am.

For example, I put 2 sticks of KHX3200AK2/1G in and was greated just as with Gskil by a steady 'siren' of memory error. No not a beep but a sireeeeen. Hehehe. Holy holly hockey shett, switch to jsp mode quickly. Clear CMOS reeeaaaaly fast like jsp. Restart. Uh oh madam sireeenie agin. Shetting of far. Freeek RGone now what you gunna do? Freeken use the "orefishal" DFI cmoose clear procedure and go to using the memory. Heheheehehe. It is in the doing raton that worketh not the being of pre-conceived ID's that is most benerfishal in these cases. Hehehee.

Freeken slipping intuh rgoneian... so me....got to runz. :shake:

Luck guys.

RGone...

Jebus, seems like results are all over the place so far.

Some seem full of issues, Angry's runs stable but doesn't OC, while Tony and RGone appear to have tamed the savage beast. Yes, it appears that throwing preconceived notions out the window is a requirement.

Excellent screenshots RGone. Hope everyone's build goes well.

. Yes, it appears that throwing preconceived notions out the window is a requirement.

well , that's exactly what I'm trying to do here :nod:

just warming up before my board arrives

StartUp Voltage 1.450V

CpuVID 1.375V

CpuVidAbove 112%

3.04Vmemory with Pc4800 TCCD...

Chispet 1.8V and the next 3 set to 1.3V 

Dram Configuration 

Dram Freq Set = 200 1:1

Command per Clock = AUTO which will be 1T

Tcl = 2.5

Trcd = 4

Tras= 8 or 10 no matter

Trp= 4

Trc= 8 or 10 for some

Trfc= 18 or 22 if use 10 for Trc

Trrd= 4

Twr= 2 but 3 easier to get started

Twtr= 2

Tref= AUTO cause it worketh for me

Dram Bank= Enabled

Skew = Auto

Skew amount = 0

Drive Strength = LvL 7 Venice or 8 SanDiego do not lose yourself playing here

Dram Data Drive Strength = LvL 2 or even LvL 1 at times test it yourself

MaxAsynchLat = 8 or maybe 9 check it yourself changing 'only' it at a time

ReadPreamble = 6 mostly

IdleCycle Limit = 256cycles

Dynamic Counter = DISABLE

R/w Queue Bypass = 16x but in many cases 8x much better results

Bypass Max = 4x or 5x for better stability when getting started

32 Bites of Grain = Enable 4 of the Bursts.

Guess what? I don't change anything hardly when changing memory except the Tcl, Trcd, Tras and the Trp when I change memories from one to the other. Why? Because I want it to work so I can adjust later if it will and if I can. I want working baselines so I can test to see if such and such will even work any at all. I am not trying to set or beat any world records that are completely and totally out of my reach and are "reserved'' for the Opps of this world.

RGone...

As you can tell, I'm not Shy when it comes to Volts... ;)

rdx200run11fw.th.jpg

Slots 1/3 didnt seem to like my BH-5 system is running stable with it in slots 2/4 now.

Previous run before this was 245x11 1:1 so memory is doing what it was in my Ultra-D at least. Gonna drop the multi down to 10 tonight and see how far I can take it.

Gotta get my new PS soon to. Definatly before I get my X850 Crossfire card. BNarely hanging on to -5% spec on the 12v Rail.

Needed to see how this KHX3200AK2/1G (2x512) Kingston worked on the RDX200. Clear CMOS with 1 stick boot to bios and setup according SPD since that is what is set by AUTO and not the advertised. You guys need to remember that when pushing memory. Busted in at 220 first pop and seems about as high as well go but not trying for Oc'ing on PC3200 stuff by much anyway. 2.8Vmem if I remember since I did not reset after other memory in the holes.

Not bad at 220x10 multiplier on my Venice 3800+ and one more setup I know is workable for me at least.

220x10:Fast Spec

a220x10fastspecs.jpg

RGone...to play :angel:

as ive been reading from Tony this board was tweaked for high density memory modules aswell as high total cpu clocks not 1:1 with ram as we saw alot of on the nf4 board which really doesnt bother me seeing im running UTT based memory and that a64 dividers do not add latency. i think i would be happy with the board when the damn check comes in ...high 200 HTT and around 240-250 seems feasible to me with utt from what ive seen/heard but its overclocking so i cant take anything for granted

Ah Hah mR. LoN3R, I sense a discerning user in thy words sir.

RGone... ;)

as ive been reading from Tony this board was tweaked for high density memory modules aswell as high total cpu clocks not 1:1 with ram as we saw alot of on the nf4 board which really doesnt bother me seeing im running UTT based memory and that a64 dividers do not add latency. i think i would be happy with the board when the damn check comes in ...high 200 HTT and around 240-250 seems feasible to me with utt from what ive seen/heard but its overclocking so i cant take anything for granted

Question....... I just purchase the Xtasy Radeon 850XT not crossfire ed, now will I be able to use it with the RDX200 CF-DR ?????

yes you will be able to , when you want to , or if you are going to when you buy the Crossfire master card and youll have a crossfire setup . but it will run on a non crossfire card

Ah Hah mR. LoN3R, I sense a discerning user in thy words sir.

RGone... ;)

;) , o yea ive been reading up on it so i can get this system setup in my wishlist b4 i order when teh moola comes in

yes you will be able to , when you want to , or if you are going to when you buy the Crossfire master card and youll have a crossfire setup . but it will run on a non crossfire card

Thanks for your reply........ I'll buy the board by weeks end, and get Master Crossfire card by Christmas :nod: :nod: :drool: