DFI LanParty RDX200 CF-DR (initial pics/build)

Hi guys, I am thinking about buying one of these boards but waiting for the BIOS to mature a little first.

Just a couple of quick questions to ask about this board

How does the SATA II Raid controller compare to the Ultra D.

Has anybody been successful overclocking this board at all, and if so how is it performing?

By the way great Forum for us DFI users, keep it up

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I am thinking about buying one of these boards but waiting for the BIOS to mature a little first.

Just a couple of quick questions to ask about this board

How does the SATA II Raid controller compare to the Ultra D.

Has anybody been successful overclocking this board at all, and if so how is it performing?

By the way great Forum for us DFI users, keep it up

there is NO SATA II support . overclocking i have seem some better and some worse then the nf4 series . most ppl are clocking lower or jus as high as the nf4 from the posts ive seen elsewhere but not many better than the nf4 , well see

there is no SATA II controller on the RDX200 (read the specs of the board...it has a Silicon Image 3112A x2 in the ATI Southbridge, and a separate Silicon Image 3114 controller...neither of them are NCQ nor SATA II enabled)

overclocking = look in the Overclocking Database...not many entries yet as it is still a brand new board...but they are coming

there is no SATA II controller on the RDX200 (read the specs of the board...it has a Silicon Image 3112A x2 in the ATI Southbridge, and a separate Silicon Image 3114 controller...neither of them are NCQ nor SATA II enabled)

overclocking = look in the Overclocking Database...not many entries yet as it is still a brand new board...but they are coming

No SATA II??? My god what is DFI thinking? :confused:

After looking at this add I thought it did have SATA II "Promise PDC40719 controller supports 4 SATA-II drives in RAID 0/1/0+1/5", my mistake http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html

No SATA II??? My god what is DFI thinking? :confused:

After looking at this add I thought it did have SATA II "Promise PDC40719 controller supports 4 SATA-II drives in RAID 0/1/0+1/5", my mistake http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html

notice that is not from DFI, but from Overclockers.uk

and notice that I just told you the board does not have SATA II (and I have this board in my hands already)

;)

notice that is not from DFI, but from Overclockers.uk

and notice that I just told you the board does not have SATA II (and I have this board in my hands already)

;)

As I said my mistake, I'll blame it on the overclockers site ;)

Thanks for your help :)

• 7 months later...

anybody know if you can match up an ATI all in wonder w/ an x1900 on the xpress200 chipset? I've heard/read conflicting results on wether or not the cf-dr 200 will recognize the x1900's.....thanks.

DFI CF-DR

AMD 64 4200 X2

Cosair 1GB

2 WD Raptor 74.5GB SATA 10K

Enermax 620w PSU

All In Wonder x1900