NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switch memory slots. Right off the bat I got errors with my 300mhz memory settings in test #8 at 230mhz 1T...Moved em to yellow and voila. Passed at 240mhz as well. This memory was capable of going to 270mhz 1T before so that's where I'm headed. Have to stop for a minute and rig a fan ;)

I'd say most everyone is going to be a little put off at first because it's not going to do exactly what it was doing before and we need to re-learn it. I spent a month with 602, a month with 705/711 and had to figure out each one. This will be no different IMO..........

They were already in yellow.

Holy heck what is going on here, I don't read posts for 24 hours and new

BIOS!! Guess it time to jump right in, no need to be afraid after all this time,

can't be any worst.

Well what to watch out for before/after flash? I will try in half hour.

Also, new OCZ 520 came in today. Don't know which to do first. It must be New Years.

I am going to wait for to see how new bios and psu work out but just wondering

for us original board owners still having the R716 resistor. Seeing how new A00

boards have resistor removed does anybody plan to remove it. I just wonder

because most people oc and up vcore to 1.5v minimum, you know. Did that

resistor removed hurt SD owners? Its not on new boards with users SD or not.

They were already in yellow.

My point is wherever they are now move em somewhere else :D After moving mine they crapped out at 250mhz at 1T (as opposed to 230mhz in the orange slots). So now I'm testing 2T. And when they fail in these slots they will be moved back to orange to see if they are better or worse at 2T in those slots....

Right now I'm memtesting at 300mhz 2T yellow slots..............................next stop 310...........

My point is wherever they are now move em somewhere else :D After moving mine they crapped out at 250mhz at 1T (as opposed to 230mhz in the orange slots). So now I'm testing 2T. And when they fail in these slots they will be moved back to orange to see if they are better or worse at 2T in those slots....

Right now I'm memtesting at 300mhz 2T yellow slots..............................next stop 310...........

Yes its weird that way but true. Non-linear.

I have a question if i install those nvidia ide drivers the next time i reformat will they be gone?

The next time you format "everything" will be gone :D

Edit: Ya know I just read and re-read your question...and then I read it again. what exactly are you asking????????? :D If you reformat and install the drivers they will be there. If you format your drive nothing will be there.......

The next time you format "everything" will be gone :D

Thx old guy i have everything installed from games to programs if i want to install the 637nforce drivers can i do this now or do i have to reformat and install them in the begining? If i can install them now is this the right order to do things first install the gart drivers of the cd since the 637 dont have them. Then install smibus,ethernet ect of the 637package?

Thx old guy i have everything installed from games to programs if i want to install the 637nforce drivers can i do this now or do i have to reformat and install them in the begining? If i can install them now is this the right order to do things first install the gart drivers of the cd since the 637 dont have them. Then install smibus,ethernet ect of the 637package?

Honestly I haven't messed with different nforce drivers. I just install what's on the CD and call it a day. I do know that you have to have the gart drivers installed before you can install your gfx drivers. Aside from that.... ;) Unless you are being selective of which drivers you want I think you can just download the latest and greatest update and run the setup program and deselect whatever you don't want...

I tried the new 815 bios and I loved the layout but I could not get my ram settings to change. Very strange to say the least. I change the timings hit F10 but when the post screen comes up the timings are always the default settings. I go back into bios to try to change them again but when I get to the memory section the timings I set and saved are staring me in the face. Meaning the bios reports them as changed but the timings stays the same.

I tried changing the slots but that did not help either. So I'm back to the 705's until the official release of a new bios. Hope fully I can get this nice memory to run 1T someday. :nod:

I tried the new 815 bios and I loved the layout but I could not get my ram settings to change. Very strange to say the least. I change the timings hit F10 but when the post screen comes up the timings are always the default settings. I go back into bios to try to change them again but when I get to the memory section the timings I set and saved are staring me in the face. Meaning the bios reports them as changed but the timings stays the same.

I tried changing the slots but that did not help either. So I'm back to the 705's until the official release of a new bios. Hope fully I can get this nice memory to run 1T someday. :nod:

Did you boot into windows and run A64 tweaker or CPU-Z to verify the timings???

i just installed v5.10 and called it a day...