Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

To do the backup, you go to system tools and backup.

Then select advanced settings, then ASR backup.

You will have to select a folder on your hard drive to store the backup, or a DVDr disk, if you have a DVD burner.

At the end of the backup, you will be prompted to insert a floppy disk, the backup program will write data necessary to restore the system to new condition without loosing any data, email, drivers, cookies, favorites, only the OS will be a fresh install.

After OS is installed, then the other items will be written to the OS. One of the greatest features in WinXP Pro.

Now to do a system restore using ASR, is pretty simple. Set boot sequence with CDr as the first boot device. Place your WinXP Pro disk in that drive. Place the ASR floppy in the floppy drive.

Bootup, you will be told to press any key to boot from the CDr. Press any key and as soon as the boot starts you will be prompted to press F6 if you need to install SCSI or SATA drivers.

Immediately following this F6 prompt you will be prompted to press F3 for ASR. You need to be alert due to the fact that this F3 comes quickly and does not stay one the screen very long.

After you press F3 the WinXP Pro will continue to formt the OS Partition, then you get a new virgin install of your OS.

After the OS install, the system will read the floppy disk. You will get a prompt to say yes to continue the ASR. Then a screen will come on the screen showing you the speed of the restore etc. Usually takes about 20 minutes to complete.

Just remember everything will be restored back to the exact date and time you did the backup. IE:::If you did the backup on 8/12/05 at 9:45am. After the ASR that is where your system will be. Not the clock but the files and OS.

When you access the internet, you will get all the emails that you don't have.

You will get all of them from the date you backed up until today.

If you had any data on the OS partition, that will be rolled back to the date & time you did the backup. This is why I always place my data on a different partition, or on a CDr or DVDr disk. If you used a DVDr disk to store the ASR backup info, you must have that disk in the CDr or DVDr drive because the data on the floppy disk will tell the OS that is where to look.

Guest bobyjo

xtapalapaquetl:::You know what they say abour quitters never win, and winners never quit.

Did you try setting the memroy to 2T? This may have allowed the OS to be installed without the BSOD. Relaxing the settings in bios may have made the system more stable. Set the HT to 3 instead of auto or 5 may help, this is a trial and error process. PURE FUN..

Usually these bsod's are related to memory settings etc. Some are hardware related, since you only flashed to a new bios, makes me think the problem is memory related.

oldguy, really appreciate for the reply.

2. So i can conclude that TCCD normally cant do 2.5.3.3.8 1T at 300FSB???

or just our board dont like that timing???

3. i running at 300 x 9 1:1. voltage on default +.04 on 705 bios.

it is running stable at memtest, prime95 at small FFT for 8 hour.

but it is not stable and automatically stop the test after 8 min at in-place large FFT.

is this normal???

what the different between this 2 test???

4. so i will keep the fan at there as it is done for my ch-5.

2. TRCD 4 is needed to run big numbers...Wether it's our board or the memory I couldn't tell you. I was testing with 815 bios last night. Memory craps out at 321mhz 2.5-4-3-7-11-13. at 3-4-4-8-11-13 it craps out around 330mhz. At 3-5-5-10-12-14 it gives up the ghost at 340+. Running that high there are alot of things to factor in but this memory is the best I have played with to date.

3. 2.7ghz on your Venice is probably maxed out. You aren't really pushing alot of voltage so the temps you are reporting of 65c are probably related to poor cooling and lots of mhz's. you may want to look into an XP-90 as a minimum or watercooling to run at 2.7....

4. Yuppers...stick with the fan on your memory...

Hi I'm having troubble removing my grafic card from the agp slot.

I can hardly see anything and I tryed just pulling it but it wont budge... :(

I need to do this cuz the onboard chipfan is making alot of noice and becouse I need to change my cooling on my grafic card.

Please help, thank's in advance!

Regards

Cyberhof

Edit/

System:

[Antec Sonata]-[Athlon64 4400+]-[DFI Lanparty UT nF3 ULTRA-D BIOS 705]-[1024 PC3200 A-DATA]-[1x80GB Seagate PATA, 1x160GB Seagate SATA]-[MSI Geforce 6800GT]-[Eizo Flexscan L557BK 17" TFT 1280x1024 @75Hz]-[Nec 3500 DVD-RW/+RW] /Edit

It's extremely difficult to get any 2X512 set to run 2.5-3-3-X on any board.... The DFI nF4 is one of the few that will do it with only a couple memory brands of TCCD...

xtapalapaquetl:::You know what they say abour quitters never win, and winners never quit.

Lo, what shame has befallen me!

But seriously, I was really scared that I had a serious BIOS problem that would have required abilities (let alone hardware) that lie beyond my very limited skillset. When I saw the opportunity to get everything back without data loss, I jumped on it. Might give it another shot later to see if it was a bad flash. Might not. Me likey 711.

Did you try setting the memroy to 2T? This may have allowed the OS to be installed without the BSOD. Relaxing the settings in bios may have made the system more stable. Set the HT to 3 instead of auto or 5 may help, this is a trial and error process. PURE FUN..

Couldn't run 200MHz @ 3-5-5-8 2T stably in 8/15 on my Patriot XBLK's that will do 270MHz @ 2.5-4-5-8 1T and 335MHz @ 3-4-5-8 2T! Relaxed all settings I was familiar with; didn't touch the new ones (granularity, etc.). Maybe I should have.

@Old Guy - we seem to have similarly performing memory. I would love to hear what your settings were with 8/15.

Usually these bsod's are related to memory settings etc. Some are hardware related, since you only flashed to a new bios, makes me think the problem is memory related.

I would agree. Definitely the source of my problems!

Hi I'm having troubble removing my grafic card from the agp slot.

I can hardly see anything and I tryed just pulling it but it wont budge... :(

I need to do this cuz the onboard chipfan is making alot of noice and becouse I need to change my cooling on my grafic card.

Please help, thank's in advance!

Regards

Cyberhof

Edit/

System:

[Antec Sonata]-[Athlon64 4400+]-[DFI Lanparty UT nF3 ULTRA-D BIOS 705]-[1024 PC3200 A-DATA]-[1x80GB Seagate PATA, 1x160GB Seagate SATA]-[MSI Geforce 6800GT]-[Eizo Flexscan L557BK 17" TFT 1280x1024 @75Hz]-[Nec 3500 DVD-RW/+RW] /Edit

You need to disengage the locking mechanism. Kinda funky on the LP's. Either push up from underneath the card at the back end of the slot or use your fingernail or thin bladed screwdriver to lift it from the top. Pain in the butt with a mondo huge gfx card...

2. TRCD 4 is needed to run big numbers...Wether it's our board or the memory I couldn't tell you. I was testing with 815 bios last night. Memory craps out at 321mhz 2.5-4-3-7-11-13. at 3-4-4-8-11-13 it craps out around 330mhz. At 3-5-5-10-12-14 it gives up the ghost at 340+. Running that high there are alot of things to factor in but this memory is the best I have played with to date.

3. 2.7ghz on your Venice is probably maxed out. You aren't really pushing alot of voltage so the temps you are reporting of 65c are probably related to poor cooling and lots of mhz's. you may want to look into an XP-90 as a minimum or watercooling to run at 2.7....

4. Yuppers...stick with the fan on your memory...

10x again.

u really helped me alot. :angel:

u really a hardcore, trying every bios and possible timing.

will try getting a XP90.

and so i just test it with small FFT.

cheer.

Thx man do these drivers give a performance boost? So i dont have to uninstall my current nforce just install these over the ones i have now so i should just install the smi bus ethernet from the 637?

They have better nforce onboard sound support. I had stuttering when o/cing vid card with the 5.10 drivers but none using the complete 6.37 package. Like most things on these forums, try them, if you don't like how they perform change them back. If you uninstall make sure that the default windows ATA driver is in place, installed and working, then you should be able to uninstall the 5.10's and toss the 6.37's on there. I have had good luck with the 6.37's.

Update to OldGuy. Got my silly crucial value ram running 245X11 1:1 @ 3-3-7-3 1T. I was gaming hard on some CS:S and BF2 last night at HTT 280X10 Ram @ DDR 166 but I was getting temps upwards of 54-56C, would these temps make you nervous? Thanks for the tips and all the good post bro,

Ballistix today WOOT :)

JC

You need to disengage the locking mechanism. Kinda funky on the LP's. Either push up from underneath the card at the back end of the slot or use your fingernail or thin bladed screwdriver to lift it from the top. Pain in the butt with a mondo huge gfx card...

Thanks for your reply, but now after trying again my fingernails heart and I almost broke my board, it just wont budge.

Talk about a locking mechanism! :D

I think I'm gonna have to take my board with the graficcard and all out of the box and try it then when I can see what I'm doing.

One last question is that locking mechanism really needed or can I disable it, I don't move my computer around allot?

Thank's again!

Thanks for your reply, but now after trying again my fingernails heart and I almost broke my board, it just wont budge.

Talk about a locking mechanism! :D

I think I'm gonna have to take my board with the graficcard and all out of the box and try it then when I can see what I'm doing.

One last question is that locking mechanism really needed or can I disable it, I don't move my computer around allot?

Thank's again!

Some guys just snip it off...Pretty sure I've seen Angry_Games state that he does that to his...everybody else has a swing type clip. Don't know what compelled them to go with this weird lil booger. Probably just to be different :D

Guest bobyjo

cyberhof:::You are a better man than I if you can figure out how to remove the motherboard with the video card installed?? HaHaHa

The rear fastener is a little hard to reach unless you take a flashlight and maybe a mirror to see exactly where you need to presse the release mechanism.

I actually broke the yellow plastic release lever off, when tring to release the rear clip. This did not damage the board nor bother the performance. You just must be sure the front holder with the screw fits really well. Somethimes the front will pull the video out of the slot when tightening down on the screw. That is why the rear clip was designed.