Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

QUOTE ...RebelsHaven

The reading in the BIOS for both Vcore and Vdimm are very close to measured values.

Thank you for chiming in my friend...That's the one I really wanted to know most about. Still doesn't reflect what it is set at correct? But it is displaying more closely to actual measurement...yes? Just wanna get it clear in my head that if bios is displaying 1.58v (regardless if I have it set to 1.7v as example) that it's really pretty close to 1.58v as measured with multimeter.

Have you had a chance to push any TCCD around on it yet?

Oldguy,

What was your exact flash process for 815?

Did you do it with ZIP contents and floppy?

awdflash nfsid815.bin /f

?

Right after I flashed, I got a nice beep and nothing would post, had to clear CMOS and it posted. Did it do this to anyone else after flash?

First time for me, never did it with a 602, 705, or 711 flash.

QUOTE ...RebelsHaven

The reading in the BIOS for both Vcore and Vdimm are very close to measured values.

Thank you for chiming in my friend...That's the one I really wanted to know most about. Still doesn't reflect what it is set at correct? But it is displaying more closely to actual measurement...yes? Just wanna get it clear in my head that if bios is displaying 1.58v (regardless if I have it set to 1.7v as example) that it's really pretty close to 1.58v as measured with multimeter.

Have you had a chance to push any TCCD around on it yet?

Most of the readings were exactly what the BIOS showed, the worst was .01V different. But yes, the 1.70V setting is still actually reading low by almost .1V That didn't change. At least now we can believe the BIOS reading, but not the setting...

Vdimm reading also very accurate, not the setting....

After the flash, long slow beeps... and while my heart sunk I cleared the CMOS and it came right up upon power on and I went to my signature settings in 3 steps... 250, 300, 320...

It appears to OC the same with my components.... They have fixed all of my major complaints... :)

Guest Trippin

815 did the same thing here long beeps had to clear and reset also, then booted into windows once and locked up then would boot past bios screen then nothing but black tried every configuration i could think of ..went back to 602 and cold boot hokey pokey ...dfi bunch of schisters amateurs

Ah,

So it would appear I am not the only one who got big beeps right after flashing and had to clear CMOS.

As it happened to both Trippin and Rebel.

Strange that you were able to hit your same overclock Rebel. I couldn't for the life of me, would lock up and boot me back to startup as soon as XP was about to start.

Tried it with CPU Throttling 50 percent (Default) and Disabled. No go.

Oldguy,

What was your exact flash process for 815?

Did you do it with ZIP contents and floppy?

awdflash nfsid815.bin /f

?

Right after I flashed, I got a nice beep and nothing would post, had to clear CMOS and it posted. Did it do this to anyone else after flash?

First time for me, never did it with a 602, 705, or 711 flash.

I downloaded the .exe file and let it create the bootable flash floppy. Had to alter the batch file as it refered to NF3ID815.zip instead of the proper .bin file. Also got rid of all the switches and only used /f/cc

Cleared cmos for about 20 minutes after flash before doing any tweaking...

I downloaded the .exe file and let it create the bootable flash floppy. Had to alter the batch file as it refered to NF3ID815.zip instead of the proper .bin file. Also got rid of all the switches and only used /f/cc

Cleared cmos for about 20 minutes after flash before doing any tweaking...

So it didn't beep to high hell upon restart?

So it didn't beep to high hell upon restart?

It beeped :D But only the beautiful lil post beep. No heart palpitation, but pucker, oh my god I borked it beeps...I don't know how anyone actually got a flash out of it in the first place with .zip file referenced in the batch file...unless of course you guys downloaded the zip and made your own flash floppy...

I messed with it till 1AM and shut it down at 303 X 9. Started it up this morning and it took a little long (10 extra seconds or so) to post. Stopped at "detecting array". Just pushed the reset and it booted all the way through the second time. That has been a fairly normal occurrance when I've been clocked real high with 705 or 711. All settings were as I had left them.

It beeped :D But only the beautiful lil post beep. No heart palpitation, but pucker, oh my god I borked it beeps...I don't know how anyone actually got a flash out of it in the first place with .zip file referenced in the batch file...unless of course you guys downloaded the zip and made your own flash floppy...

I messed with it till 1AM and shut it down at 303 X 9. Started it up this morning and it took a little long (10 extra seconds or so) to post. Stopped at "detecting array". Just pushed the reset and it booted all the way through the second time. That has been a fairly normal occurrance when I've been clocked real high with 705 or 711. All settings were as I had left them.

Yeah I get the same sorta, no post/half post. A firm reset and a couple of reassuring words usually let it post thru :). I was terrified the first time it happened. I may be wrong but it seems like the cold boot problems was actually solved by forcing a kind-of pseudo double boot on cold start-up. The more I learn to tweak this board, the more it's raw horsepower shines thru. Wish that we could run with fastwrites on. I'm gonna try for an OCDB entry. What do you guys use for screenies in windows?

I've just hit 300X9 @DDR166 1.55vcore +.1 special, with 2.9vdimm. I'm typing this right now at that speed, and it's fast.

Memory Read 6668

Memory Write 2874

Latency 41.2 ns

Still waiting on the ballistix. I'm happy with this Crucial pc 3200 doing 245mhz @ 1T

JC

Hi nF3 Ultra-D friends, I have been watching the topic for some time, your experiences with the board helped me a lot.

But I have a question, the HT multiplier at 2x or 1x causes no boot with base clock ("FSB") higher than 250MHz (or more).

With 3x HT I'm able to reach 333MHz (Chipset Voltage = 1.85v, didn't try 1.95v).

I saw some people with the same problem with other boards (Epox 8KDA3).

Is that nVidia's or DFI's problem ?

Thank you all

Guest Tim

Woot...if they release an new official bios (which is definitely gonna happen if I look at your results) I'm gonna give it a shot :)

Have you got any TCCD laying around you can try?

Yep.. And every other kind of memory under the sun..lol I have tried about 20 different sets and about 15 different chips.. I changed 5 different proccesors ..

I am beginin to think this board has a mind of its own..lol. J/K.. I aint whipped YET tho..

I have two NF7 boards both have the same exact components. One I can run the D26 Blackmanaray Xt on and the other just doesnt like them @all... I have to use the SUBZERO on it.. But I AINT ABOUT TO QUIT>> I STILL HAVE 3 HAIRS LEFT.. Saving them for tommorow..