NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Sounds like too much problems with it....

You really need to reinstall the OS if your gonna switch from 602 to another bios which has this big upgrades...

So that is why I want to flash it immediatly...but looking at it....not gonna use it...602 is fine for me (except that damn 2T and coldboot)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like too much problems with it....

You really need to reinstall the OS if your gonna switch from 602 to another bios which has this big upgrades...

So that is why I want to flash it immediatly...but looking at it....not gonna use it...602 is fine for me (except that damn 2T and coldboot)

you don't need to re-install the OS if you update your BIOS...

Yeah I was going to say that too. Only really need to reinstall an OS if you make a major hardware change like changing to a different motherboard.

oldguy, really appreciate for the reply.

2. So i can conclude that TCCD normally cant do 2.5.3.3.8 1T at 300FSB???

or just our board dont like that timing???

3. i running at 300 x 9 1:1. voltage on default +.04 on 705 bios.

it is running stable at memtest, prime95 at small FFT for 8 hour.

but it is not stable and automatically stop the test after 8 min at in-place large FFT.

is this normal???

what the different between this 2 test???

4. so i will keep the fan at there as it is done for my ch-5.

I flashed the 8/15 BIOS last night using the exact same procedure I have for all my (100% successful) flashes. I was able to post to BIOS and set everything at stock. After the updating vmi pool screen came up, I saw the XP bootup screen for a brief moment, then promptly BSOD'd. Additional BIOS tweaking (including fail-safe and optimized defaults) met the same BS. Did the obvious stuff (long CMOS clear, removal of non-essential devices...) to no avail. For kicks, I tried a very mild overclock, and failed to post (d'oh). I panicked a bit (no BIOS saviour, or any saviour for that matter) and decided to sleep on it.

Woke up today, no better. I installed windows on a different drive without event. I am presently working under the 8/15 BIOS, albeit under a new OS. This leads me to believe that my flash was successful, but my original OS was fatally corrupted during the process. What do you guys think?

Will start playing around with new BIOS after I get chipset drivers, etc. loaded and let you know. [aside]God I love this board! Such a fighter![/aside]

I flashed the 8/15 BIOS last night using the exact same procedure I have for all my (100% successful) flashes. I was able to post to BIOS and set everything at stock. After the updating vmi pool screen came up, I saw the XP bootup screen for a brief moment, then promptly BSOD'd. Additional BIOS tweaking (including fail-safe and optimized defaults) met the same BS. Did the obvious stuff (long CMOS clear, removal of non-essential devices...) to no avail. For kicks, I tried a very mild overclock, and failed to post (d'oh). I panicked a bit (no BIOS saviour, or any saviour for that matter) and decided to sleep on it.

Woke up today, no better. I installed windows on a different drive without event. I am presently working under the 8/15 BIOS, albeit under a new OS. This leads me to believe that my flash was successful, but my original OS was fatally corrupted during the process. What do you guys think?

Will start playing around with new BIOS after I get chipset drivers, etc. loaded and let you know. [aside]God I love this board! Such a fighter![/aside]

??????

thats quite a weird one...i've never had a corrupt windows from updating my BIOS...

and trust me, with this board and my old gigabyte...i've done quite a lot of BIOS flashing!!!! (at-least 5 with this board...prolly double that with my gigabyte...)

Jason, those are the ones I use. You can install them over your current driver set. Never use drivercleaner to remove your nforce drivers (it's ok to use for the vid card ones). If you use DC3 to remove your nforce drivers and you installed the nvidia SW IDE driver, it will be gone and the OS (windoze) will not boot up. Then you will need to take a very interesting path to recover, or just reformat.

You should not have any problems installing the 6.37 nForce drivers right overtop of your current ones, and that set works really well, especially if you use the onboard audio.

hope this helps,

JC

Thx man do these drivers give a performance boost? So i dont have to uninstall my current nforce just install these over the ones i have now so i should just install the smi bus ethernet from the 637?

Advised by AG, it's also imbedded in the Registry ;)

Guest bobyjo

I have been doing some research on the last memory I purchased from Mushkin. Seems as though these sticks only use one of these two types of memory chips.

Specification: DDR400 @ 2-3-3-*

Used chips:

Winbond UTT BH-5

Winbond UTT CH-5

I am not sure how this memory OC's, I have need to do a lot of work to find out the top end of the memory timings and mhz.

JasonX::You need to settle down and just trust your knowledge and instincts.

You know how to do most these things.

Some of the answers you get on these forums are opinions, and may or may not work for you.

You do not have to flash your bios if you are not having problems with the present bios you are running.

You do not have to format and reinstall windows.

I do a ASR restore about once every 6 months, this way everything will be fresh and starts with a new install of the OS.

ASR simply saves the settings and email, favorites, cookies, etc. then writes these back to the new install, this includes all drivers.

I think this is the very best way of restoring windows to a new status.

I do a ASR restore about once every 6 months, this way everything will be fresh and starts with a new install of the OS.

ASR simply saves the settings and email, favorites, cookies, etc. then writes these back to the new install, this includes all drivers.

I think this is the very best way of restoring windows to a new status.

is that the thing where u boot of the XP CD and press F2 (i think) right at the start???

i've never done that before...sounds like a good idea...

Follow up on 8/15 BIOS:

Installed all drivers on new OS without event. But I could not get Windows Update to run. I experienced frequent IRQL BSOD's. Very unstable - memtest86+ was even crashy, even at stock. And forget about OCing.

Just went back to 7/11. The new OS installed Windows Updates flawlessly this time. What's more, my original OS is working again! In the final analysis, either I borked the flash, or 8/15 really hates my system. In either case, I will be sticking with my essentially smooth 7/11 until the next release.