Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

First time posting here. Have been following this thread for a long, long, long time and finally decided to get the mobo. I am new to AMDs but plan on overclocking once I get more familiar with the board. Having a few problems to begin with and was hoping someone can help.

I cannot get the machine to boot up using 1T timings. I had this problem with the stock BIOS and thought it might be a BIOS issue. I flashed to the 711 BIOS and am still getting the same problem.

When trying to boot up 1T, the DVD drives start going ballistic and the BIOS never loads. I have to clear the CMOS jumpers in order to get the machine up and running again at 2T.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks evrybody I manged to get the graficcard of with a little help from a steakknife. :D

I disabled the locking mechanism by snipping it of and I can recomend that evrybody does the same!

Regards

Cyberhof

can this MB run SATA II???

from what i know, it should not right???

in oldguy sign, i saw SATA II is being use :confused:

First time posting here. Have been following this thread for a long, long, long time and finally decided to get the mobo. I am new to AMDs but plan on overclocking once I get more familiar with the board. Having a few problems to begin with and was hoping someone can help.

I cannot get the machine to boot up using 1T timings. I had this problem with the stock BIOS and thought it might be a BIOS issue. I flashed to the 711 BIOS and am still getting the same problem.

When trying to boot up 1T, the DVD drives start going ballistic and the BIOS never loads. I have to clear the CMOS jumpers in order to get the machine up and running again at 2T.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Paul

Yes...leave it on 2T :D Go back to 602 and find out which slots will let you boot with 1T. I'd tell you to try beta 815 but I'm not familiar enough with it other than my 1T performance is down (230mhz in orange slots and only 250mhz in yellow slots)...I used to be able to hit 270mhz 1T. But....2T performance is up. Tested up to 340mhz last night where as before I had trouble posting beyond 318mhz...I don't think this bios is geared for BH-5, CH-5, etc...I'll be testing some more TCCD tonight and I'll throw some BH-5's in there as well...

For 705/711 try this (at 2T at first)...

1. Flash to 705 or 711. Load optimized defaults. Save and exit. Shut down and clear cmos with battery out for about 15 minutes.

2. Boot to bios and load optimized defaults. Enable raid if you need to. Change nothing else (not even time and date, set those in windows). Save and exit, boot to windows.

3. Reboot to bios and change hammer fid to whatever your default multi is. Change LDT to X3. Change AGP to 67. Save, exit, boot to windows.

4. Reboot to bios and change voltages to wherever you want them. I suggest only +.40 until you know your particular board doesn’t crash when changing the default voltage of the cpu. Save, exit, boot to windows.

5. Load A64 tweaker. Do a screen shot of your memory timings in windows and print or write them down.

6. Reboot to bios and set memory manually. Leave max memory overclock and TREF on auto. Save, exit and boot to windows

After doing all of this in baby steps, if you are not able to make changes from this point on without a no post you are most likely stuck with 602 until something is done about 705/711. If you are getting bsods at the windows load screen set your memory to 2T....

can this MB run SATA II???

from what i know, it should not right???

in oldguy sign, i saw SATA II is being use :confused:

SATA II drives run fine just less the SATA II features...

Report....... I am going to do a fresh install..BSOD galore.. But besides that Think this bios just isnt liking this particular Board.. Not going to give in to it.. But too many driver issues.. With current install... And going to try a dirrerent stripe and cluster..

"NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THAT BIOS IS THE REASON HERE"

Just know in the last two months I have tortured this install... ANd nothing replaces a good clean install.. after the torture I have put it through..HEHEH

Report....... I am going to do a fresh install..BSOD galore.. But besides that Think this bios just isnt liking this particular Board.. Not going to give in to it.. But too many driver issues.. With current install... And going to try a dirrerent stripe and cluster..

"NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THAT BIOS IS THE REASON HERE"

Just know in the last two months I have tortured this install... ANd nothing replaces a good clean install.. after the torture I have put it through..HEHEH

I was having similar issues "before" 815 Blinker0 with 3D benchies and games starting to crash aftyer having installed and re-installed video drivers and using driver cleaner and etc, etc....I agree 100% that we've thrashed and crashed so many times over the past month or two that a fresh install is in order.

I can change whatever I want now after a cmos clear with 815 and was able to push my XBLK's further in memtest than ever before...couldn't really do much with the processor with the stock HS on there last night and with the changes to the voltage tables I need to find "the right one" again...

I am not having to much luck in being able to change things either.. I took this chip to work this morning and did a complete chip format and Flashed it.. thinking maybe it was the chip not clearing good on when being wrote..This board however is not liking it @ the moment.. But I aint done yet..

But a new install is gettin ready to go as soon as the drives have been totaly over writen and formated..

But I dont beleive this will help with the board not likeing these BIOS.. I cant even MEMTEST of get over 240 1:1 with these bios.. Heck I can barely get it to post @ 240.

BUT I AINT BITC_ _ N.. I IS GONNA WHIP IT

I am not having to much luck in being able to change things either.. I took this chip to work this morning and did a complete chip format and Flashed it.. thinking maybe it was the chip not clearing good on when being wrote..This board however is not liking it @ the moment.. But I aint done yet..

But a new install is gettin ready to go as soon as the drives have been totaly over writen and formated..

But I dont beleive this will help with the board not likeing these BIOS.. I cant even MEMTEST of get over 240 1:1 with these bios.. Heck I can barely get it to post @ 240.

BUT I AINT BITC_ _ N.. I IS GONNA WHIP IT

Have you got any TCCD laying around you can try?

Flashed NF3ID815:

4th Beta release BIOS.

The 815 BIOS has the Vcore implemented as a single setting.

The reading in the BIOS for both Vcore and Vdimm are very close to measured values.

Vdimm only goes to a setting of 3.1V now.

CPU Throttling and Spectrum spread options are added.

Memory timing Twr now has a setting of "3" available as a selection.

HTT/FSB is still high by 1-3Mhz, depending on the actual setting used.

Overclocking appears to be about the same...