NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Guest bobyjo

I looked up all his posts, he has quite a few since back in June this year.

I agree maybe he has not looked at his email.

I did see where his board came with bios 602 then he flashed to 711.

I am not in a hurry for him to answer, he does NOT give his location in his profile, so I thought he may live in Germany.

Just would like to know.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, I bought one of the so called "rev 2" boards in Germany also.

The sticker on the printer port header refers to it as a "R AA0"

The seller of this board in Germany (www.hpm-computer.de) refers to it as a rev 2 board on his internet site but this in no way reflects what DFI is calling it.

The only differences between this board and the launch board, is the missing cpu voltage resistor.

So...

After playing with the "AA0" for a week or so i see no differences to the orignial board that I have since donated to my wife :). The 711 bios does play more nice with my TCCD at 1T, but 2t is still my favourite (= more stable) at high HTT.

respect..

there is no 'revision2' of the 939 AGP board

a different number on the sticker might look like a different revision but its only a bios change

unless you guys are getting boards that Rgone and I are not getting...

Hey AG, do you have any idea why the bios doesn't save settings properly with 705 and 711 bios's? I just locks up...almost everyone experienced it....

Did everything I could....please help! :(

i bought my DFI ultra nf3, i have a 3000+ with vience, the first thing i did was overclock ir, it was alright, i reached 2.2 ghz

1st.- with the overclock, when i turn off my pc, it doesnt start, i have to hit reset, so it starts and return to the default speed the values added to the bios are there, but i must enter and record so they are applied, i read that u fix this updating the bios to the most recent, that would be 711

2°ok, i update the BIOS, i dl the exe from the DFI page, alright, when i turn up only 1 mhz over the htt... when i reset, it doesnt start, i have to clean cmos, so it can restart, this happens with the 705 bios too, so i had to go back to 602, the default

please help me :(

thanks

i bought my DFI ultra nf3, i have a 3000+ with vience, the first thing i did was overclock ir, it was alright, i reached 2.2 ghz

1st.- with the overclock, when i turn off my pc, it doesnt start, i have to hit reset, so it starts and return to the default speed the values added to the bios are there, but i must enter and record so they are applied, i read that u fix this updating the bios to the most recent, that would be 711

2°ok, i update the BIOS, i dl the exe from the DFI page, alright, when i turn up only 1 mhz over the htt... when i reset, it doesnt start, i have to clean cmos, so it can restart, this happens with the 705 bios too, so i had to go back to 602, the default

please help me :(

thanks

1. Flash to 705 or 711. Load optimized defaults. Save and exit. Shut down and clear cmos with battery out for about 15 minutes.

2. Boot to bios and load optimized defaults. Enable raid if you need to. Change nothing else (not even time and date, set those in windows). Save and exit, boot to windows.

3. Reboot to bios and change hammer fid to whatever your default multi is. Change LDT to X3. Change AGP to 67. Save, exit, boot to windows.

4. Reboot to bios and change voltages to wherever you want them. I suggest only +.40 until you know your particular board doesn’t crash when changing the default voltage of the cpu. Save, exit, boot to windows.

5. Load A64 tweaker. Do a screen shot of your memory timings in windows and print or write them down.

6. Reboot to bios and set memory manually. Leave max memory overclock and TREF on auto. Save, exit and boot to windows

After doing all of this in baby steps, if you are not able to make changes from this point on without a no post you are most likely stuck with 602 until something is done about 705/711. If you are getting bsods at the windows load screen set your memory to 2T. If you are already running 2T, try 1T...

Depending on your memory you may need to switch from yellow to orange slots or visa versa...

Please put a signature together using the "user control panel" so we can see what components you are running. Use mine or anyone elses as an example.

Guest bobyjo

When I first received my board, I had a lot of problems getting up and running.

I wound up with a new bios chip. Never had any version of bios ever written to it. After this, my system is simply great. No problems at all, I can go all way to 310fsb without any problems.

At present I was just wondering if anyone else had gone to the expense of buying a new bios chip with 711 already written to it?

If anyone else has tried this, let us know, it may be worth the $15.00 investment to get everything up and running as it should.

Before you guys start screeming about should not be your place to purchase a new bios chip, You think DFI should give the chip to you. That is not the point of this post. The point here is if this works, there may be something wrong with a batch of chips.

http://biosmedic.com/forum/index.php

Here is the place to get your bios chips.

When I first received my board, I had a lot of problems getting up and running.

I wound up with a new bios chip. Never had any version of bios ever written to it. After this, my system is simply great. No problems at all, I can go all way to 310fsb without any problems.

At present I was just wondering if anyone else had gone to the expense of buying a new bios chip with 711 already written to it?

If anyone else has tried this, let us know, it may be worth the $15.00 investment to get everything up and running as it should.

Before you guys start screeming about should not be your place to purchase a new bios chip, You think DFI should give the chip to you. That is not the point of this post. The point here is if this works, there may be something wrong with a batch of chips.

can you post that ebay link again bobyjo? I'll buy one just to see if A) I can make multiple changes and B) what happens after flashing it a few times from 602 to 705 to 711 and see if the whole jump through the hoops one change at a time BS appears again...

hi there,

i just buy a pair of TCCD from patriot.

really 10x for oldguy. for yours OC in database.

i follow all the setting you did.

it is running good now.

i have some question here.

1.i didnt use weak drive and 50%reduction and i didnt try it.

i try it with my utt ch-5, can only run at 15%reduction with weak drive.

30% and 50%, my pc wont post at all.

is there any benefit of using it???

frm what i know from here, it is to make ram more stable.

i running them at 300 2.5.4.7.3 2Tmemtest ok.

2.i saw some user of other MB can did 1T 2.5.3.3.7 300FSB with the same ram.

but i think our MB can only run around 300 2.5.4.7.3 2t.

what is the problem???

ram?cpu?MB?

3.my cpu is running prime 95, and temperature report from smartguardian

is 65C.

is this ok???

what e temperature you all running at 2.7mHz?

i using something similar to zalman HSF, it is from PCcooler.

4.do i need a fan which blowing at the ram???

Hey AG, do you have any idea why the bios doesn't save settings properly with 705 and 711 bios's? I just locks up...almost everyone experienced it....

Did everything I could....please help! :(

ive never had the 7.05 or 7.11 bios not save settings for me....if you are having that problem I would take a look at some of the hardware plugged into the board (these boards dont like VALUE anything remember)

I am suffering the same as Tim.

I dont see how you can say that having a "Value" component in your system wont allow you to even change the time in the bios?I cant even change the enable USB keyboard without it locking up and making my DVD drives thrash.

Is there any updates in the pipeline for a new bios that works?

J