DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

I've follow this site for a while now and just recently joined. I've had an Ultra Infinity II for about a year and a half now so i'm not exactly a noob to DFI.

Anyway, i'm building a new computer and i'm torn between two power supplies. Computer will be somewhere along the lines of UT SLI-DR, X2 4400, 2x 68000GTs, etc. So, with the SLI setup, what would be the better choice.

1. Enermax Noisetaker 600

or

2. PCPnC 510 SLI

Help would be appreciated as I am going to buy one of these two tomorrow.

Marcus

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that the OCZ PowerStream 600 will serve you quite well in your proposed rig.

Anyway, i'm building a new computer and i'm torn between two power supplies. Computer will be somewhere along the lines of UT SLI-DR, X2 4400, 2x 68000GTs, etc. So, with the SLI setup, what would be the better choice.

or

2. PCPnC 510 SLI

Marcus

I've follow this site for a while now and just recently joined. I've had an Ultra Infinity II for about a year and a half now so i'm not exactly a noob to DFI.

or

2. PCPnC 510 SLI

Marcus

A simple answer for ya...

A PCP&C 850W SLI.... (U could do it with smaller but with that setup Ull need a lot of powa... Enermax 600W or OCZ 600W are recommended as well)...

Not much to add here.

The PC P&C 850 SSI future-proofs your system for $469, the PC P&C 510 SLI, OCZ PowerStream 600W &

the Enermax 600W (#701) will all serve you well, for less than 1/2 that. :nod:

My choice, if it was for me would be the OCZ PS 600W, if it was for a client, the Enermax 600W (#701).

GL :angel:

Ok davidhammock200, too many questions for me.

I have no relevant numbers in my box except for the barcode, UPC-A format, and the irrelevant PSU's S/N on the sticker. Barcode is 8-41269-03030-4. According to UCC Council's GS1 US website, this translates to "8412690" as company prefix (company number), and "3030" as the item reference number (product number). If all of this stuff is of any help... :confused:

I'll get some quick voltage readings tonight when I have some time; right now my main rig is having issues with the RAM (won't do 2-2-2-8 at any settings). :mad:

550 W should be the max power, since the sum of the independent wattages on the rails is above it (peak power isn't it?).

Anyone glad to buy an USA version could give you the UL part number.

Cheers

Not much to add here.

The PC P&C 850 SSI future-proofs your system for $469, the PC P&C 510 SLI, OCZ PowerStream 600W &

the Enermax 600W (#701) will all serve you well, for less than 1/2 that. :nod:

My choice, if it was for me would be the OCZ PS 600W, if it was for a client, the Enermax 600W (#701).

GL :angel:

What temps are the Enermax 600W and the OCZ PS600W rated at(600W @ 40c, 50c)?

That 850 SSI would be nice, and I know I would be getting what I pay for, but that is a good chunk of money, for me.

Marcus

http://www.hipergroup.com/products/hpu-3s525.html

i'm asking because i don't think it is 24 pin..

HPU-3S525 is a power supply with 20 pin connector, it has a peak load of 575W.
Yep, return it & get a 24-pin model, I know that Hiper makes 24-pin 480W's. :nod:

What temps are the Enermax 600W and the OCZ PS600W rated at(600W @ 40c, 50c)?

That 850 SSI would be nice, and I know I would be getting what I pay for, but that is a good chunk of money, for me.

Marcus

OCZ advertises 0C to 50C: http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/PSUSpec.pdf

I believe that the Enermax is about the same. AFAIK only PC P&C uses 50C as their "rating" temp.

:angel: