DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Forton 500W .. you have the PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI and you're recommending the Forton .. must be a decent enough PSU.

Is there something wrong with the Antec NEoPower 480W?

I was looking at the PC Power & Cooling 425 W model .. not sure if it would be adequate .. I know they do their ratings at 50 Deg C, so it is probably rated for as much power as the NeoPower, or the Forton 500W

i had bought the fortron at first but then figured out it wasnt enough for sli in my opinion. so i bought the pc power and cooling model instead. the g70 coming out is power hungry. like i stated in earlier post get a little more power then what you need keeps you prepared for power hungry hardware down the road. unless you know your not gonna upgrade anything until your next build. :nod:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had bought the fortron at first but then figured out it wasnt enough for sli in my opinion. so i bought the pc power and cooling model instead. the g70 coming out is power hungry. like i stated in earlier post get a little more power then what you need keeps you prepared for power hungry hardware down the road. unless you know your not gonna upgrade anything until your next build. :nod:
You can never go wrong with a PC P&C 510 or 850 :nod:

I have just ordered the following system:

A64 Venice 3200+

DFI LANParty UT NF4 Ultra-D

Sapphire Radeon X850XT PE 256MB

Tagan TG530-U22 530watt PSU

Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu HSF

Existing components:

Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT v1.1 (2x512MB) - BH5 I beleive.

2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB HDD

SB Audigy 2 sound card

After seeing this thread, I'm concerned as to whether I've made the right PSU choice. Well, I'm pretty sure the Tagan is good enough, I'm just wondering about the +12V switch on the back of the unit.

There is the option to choose Split (default) or Combined.

- Split will enable the unit to supply 2x 12V 20A

- Combined enables 1x 12V 32A

Should I leave it on Split?

I have just ordered the following system:

A64 Venice 3200+

DFI LANParty UT NF4 Ultra-D

Sapphire Radeon X850XT PE 256MB

Tagan TG530-U22 530watt PSU

Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu HSF

Existing components:

Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT v1.1 (2x512MB) - BH5 I beleive.

2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB HDD

SB Audigy 2 sound card

After seeing this thread, I'm concerned as to whether I've made the right PSU choice. Well, I'm pretty sure the Tagan is good enough, I'm just wondering about the +12V switch on the back of the unit.

There is the option to choose Split (default) or Combined.

- Split will enable the unit to supply 2x 12V 20A

- Combined enables 1x 12V 32A

Should I leave it on Split?

Leave it split as the DFI N4's are designed to use it this way.

Good Choice. :angel:

Remember DFI requires 24-pin native ATX & a min of 480W's. The Fortron Blue Storm 500W (460W really) is fine for most non-SLI set-ups, however the new Antec SP2 500W Modular is far more powerful & is cheaper, too.

Details & links in post #1 of this thread. :angel:

Is the SP2 500W good enough for an SLI setup? I am about to start a build and will probably be using the SLI-DR. TIA

Is the SP2 500W good enough for an SLI setup? I am about to start a build and will probably be using the SLI-DR. TIA
Depends, twin 6600GT's no problem, twin 150W VC's not likely.

This PSU is best for non-SLI, as it only has 1 PCIe cable.

The Enermax 600W SLI-Certified (#701 $151) is the best long term investment for twin 6800GT's & up.

The Enermax 535W SLI-ready ($83) is a good midrange choice.

:angel:

How about the Sky Hawk 570W? I have been reading these forums a while and it has been mentioned several times.

I am trying to keep the prices down as much as possible. I am actually not even doing SLI right away, only a single video card. But, I want to be able to "upgrade" to it in the future.

Guest Halvis

DavidH200, "Looks good to me, although I would have gone with the XP-90."

After holding the 7700 (HEAVY!), viewing it in relation to motherboard, and reading many "reviews", I have decided to go with the Thermalright. And from what I have read, I don't believe the extra cost and weight of the XP90cu model versus cooling performance makes sense to me. thoughts? (looking at a 20-30 $ difference)

I know you would recommend the 92mm Panaflo, but I have some concerns with noise as well. Anyone using Zalman, Nexus or Papst case fans with the XP-90?

see http://tinyurl.com/bbtwh

The Cooler Master Hyper48 looks interesting as well... lol.

PS, so as not to be accused of threadjacking, the FSP Fortron BLUE STORM 500 PSU was delivered yesterday, and I am VERY impressed with the visual build quality. If it works as good as it looks, it was a bargain at ewiz!

DavidH200, "Looks good to me, although I would have gone with the XP-90."

After holding the 7700 (HEAVY!), viewing it in relation to motherboard, and reading many "reviews", I have decided to go with the Thermalright. And from what I have read, I don't believe the extra cost and weight of the XP90cu model versus cooling performance makes sense to me. thoughts? (looking at a 20-30 $ difference)

I know you would recommend the 92mm Panaflo, but I have some concerns with noise as well. Anyone using Zalman, Nexus or Papst case fans with the XP-90?

see http://tinyurl.com/bbtwh

The Cooler Master Hyper48 looks interesting as well... lol.

PS, so as not to be accused of threadjacking, the FSP Fortron BLUE STORM 500 PSU was delivered yesterday, and I am VERY impressed with the visual build quality. If it works as good as it looks, it was a bargain at ewiz!

The standard XP-90 is my recommendation. Panaflo or Delta fans work well.

Performance Fan Comparison on XP-90: http://www.mikhailtech.com/modules.php?nam...t&id=143&page=1

I don't have any problems or issues with the Panaflo 92mm 68CFM & is my #1 choice.

But I'm not really in to "quiet" either!

Glad the Fortron Blue Storm 500W is working for you. :angel:

Hi

Can I use this PSU ?

SevenTeam ST-550EAG

This is 550W EPS 12V 24 + 8 pin

There are any diference between ATX 2.0 and EPS ?

Setup

Venice 3000+ (overclocked at maximum)

Corsair XMS V1.2

DFI NF4

6800U (future SLI)

Audigy 2 ZS

120 GB Barracuda 7200.7

The other option, more expensive, Enermax 535W SLI.

Thanks.