DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

don't know what methods can be used to lock those knobs.. as it sits nicely on my p160 with blue lights.. hell yea it looks awesome together with blue fan at the back.. don't know how to attach some pics for those who interested to have a look

haven't seen any voltage change on load for both +12v and +3.3v rails.. only on +5v rail .. will check again when got my system stable for 3dmarks..

Would your kids still be able to mess with voltages if you removed the knobs? :confused:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the OCZ PowerStream 600W then, as the difference is so little &

you should be set for the new, soon to come, 150W Video cards. :nod:

Get that True Control

as it is the same with the addidtion of user adjustable voltages & this can really help when OC'ing. ;)

0.02V from no-load to full load is excellent,

only a 0.4% change & well within the 5.0% AMD spec & the 3.0% Antec spec.

You need to lock-up those voltage adjustment knobs as random turning WILL kill your PC. :sweat:

Okay i will take PS 600W. Thank you.

Hi David what would be a better choice between these Antec TC11 550 or an OCZ 520 PS? It looks as if the antec would be better as it has 38A on the 12V rail and is $20 cheaper. What do you think?

Also I may be able to splurge a good bit more so what would be your choice between a OCZ 600 PS or a PCP&C 510 SLI ? Thanks for all your help and a great thread .

Edit :Updated Sig

Hi David what would be a better choice between these Antec TC11 550 or an OCZ 520 PS? It looks as if the antec would be better as it has 38A on the 12V rail and is $20 cheaper. What do you think?

Also I may be able to splurge a good bit more so what would be your choice between a OCZ 600 PS or a PCP&C 510 SLI ? Thanks for all your help and a great thread .

Edit :Updated Sig

The Antec has two +12V rails, each of which can supply up to 19A,

however the max combined amperage is normally lower than the max for each rail,

I would estimate about +12V@32A to +12V@34A max continious.

The OCZ PowerStream 520W is IMO the better of the two with its peak rating of 620W,

1% vs. 3% regulation & 5yr vs. 3yr warranty. Plus OCZ PWNS customer service.

Now PC P&C has the 510SLI for $219, about the same price as the OCZ PS 600W,

so I would go with the PC P&C, as they are the BEST PSU's made. :nod:

Power division (or lack thereof) seems to be a problem for those with multiple 12V. busses/rails. You have to know what each rail may deliver, and divide the total power your entire system requires among those rails, so that each rail will deliver its equal (or almost equal) share of power toward the total, depending on what each rail delivers. This is just good power management. Sure, you may get by with loading one rail much heavier than another, but this is just asking for trouble.

My Thermaltake 680 watt supply has three 12V rails and 24-pin main connector; two rails fairly stiff, and one not so stiff. It has dedicated SATA power plugs, and dedicated PCI-e power plugs.

I'm running 4 drives; 2 SATA raptors, and 2 barracuda IDE drives. Floppy. Media Reader. Two optical drives, 8 USB devices, several pulling their own power, two serial RS-232 devices, FX-55, 6800 Ultra video (X2 soon), power-hungry RAM, and 7 fans total. The addition of the second 6800 Ultra will tax my supply further.

It appeared that the TT 680 watt supply was the only one on the market that would even come close to supplying peak demands of my system, for less than 200 bucks. Frankly, wish I had purchased the more expensive PC Power top-end model. The TT powered my system fine, but the rear fan was so noisy, I RMA'd it, the new one is quiet.

Moral of the story is to get a 24-pin, high current, certified supply, and if multiple rails, divide and conquer.

Charles

I´m looking for a power supply wich can handle SLI.

I´t would be great if it have this:

- Verry low nois, if it´s ajustable I´s ok. This is important, I´d rather pay extra for a quiet power supply than get a noisy one.

- 2x Pci-e connectors, so that I don´t have to use those ugly connectors you get.

- 24-pin.

- ajustable 3.3v - 5v - 12v

- Not over €20

- European shop, if you happens to know a sheep one wich ships to Sweden.

I´m looking for a power supply wich can handle SLI.

I´t would be great if it have this:

- Verry low nois, if it´s ajustable I´s ok. This is important, I´d rather pay extra for a quiet power supply than get a noisy one.

- 2x Pci-e connectors, so that I don´t have to use those ugly connectors you get.

- 24-pin.

- ajustable 3.3v - 5v - 12v

- Not over €20

- European shop, if you happens to know a sheep one wich ships to Sweden.

SLI Power Supplies: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...5&postcount=234

Remember the new generation of VC's start arriving in June & these want 150W each,

so the 600W PSU's & the PC P&C 510 SLI would be best.

:angel: