Socket 939 Discussion Thread

When you fire up a dremel at 2AM in the morning and realize your neighbors might actually be asleep...well...you know you've got problems.

We should start an "OC addict support group".

Hi...My name is Mark and I'm an OC addict.....I need help :sweat:

hahahahaha o man that sounds like too much fun. i imagine many pple will look like this :drool: from excessive OCing.

i really need to get myself a dremel tho and start some case modding. i'm thinkin about a blowhole on top and maybe a couple fans on the window. def need a fan blowing on the pwmic.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahaha o man that sounds like too much fun. i imagine many pple will look like this :drool: from excessive OCing.

i really need to get myself a dremel tho and start some case modding. i'm thinkin about a blowhole on top and maybe a couple fans on the window. def need a fan blowing on the pwmic.

Got a jig saw? I've been meaning to post some pics in the case mod section. I made a template for use with either a jig saw or dremel (jig saw is easier) for making a blow hole and a mount for a 120mm. I can make whatever size (92mm, 80mm, etc)...

I'll post a link once I get the pics up...

edit: found it by searching all of my posts in the Overclocking forum.... strange, i still cant find it if i search the thread for "infinity"....

I didnt delete it, I swear !! ;)

Thats happened to me before when searching for specific entry. It always misses some.. :confused:

When you fire up a dremel at 2AM in the morning and realize your neighbors might actually be asleep...well...you know you've got problems.

Hi...My name is Mark and I'm an OC addict.....I need help :sweat:

There's no helping us.. we are too far in to turn back now..

Originally Posted by OldGuy

Hi...My name is Mark and I'm an OC addict.....I need help

I got a box of ear plugs by my door when things like that happen . I open the door hand them ear plugs and say call me in the morning. I got work to do :nod: shuts them right up :D

i'm surprised there are hardly any dual cores on the ocdb. i was hoping to compare some w/ my results. i think there's like 1 opty 165 on there.

goin to try to get mine posted tonight :)

people are generally either too lazy to help others by posting in the OC Database (they always got some excuse like it is SO MUCH WORK to run 8h prime95 while sleeping, then wake up, run the rest of the benches in less than an hour, fill out the template, and post it up...sheesh)

or

they aren't really as stable as they are bragging about in teh other sections or on other forums.

I see this all the time..."I got 2954mhz out of my X2 4400+!" and yet no OC DB entry...and they give the excuse I put above, but the reality is this one...that it simply won't pass the OC DB requirements at those speeds/settings....but they will pass at 2750Mhz but for some reason that's "seafood" or who knows what it goes against their OC ego apparently etc.

I gave up trying to get you guys to post in the OC DB. Thunda and I dominated the OC DB for a long long time and we did it because it was fun, but we also did it to help you guys get some OC action going, but most of all we did it because we hoped it would spur others to do it (which sorta goes to the whole 'we did it to help you all get some OC action going on).

this is miss anita

yeah he made some money in amsterdam lol and because he wants his pc back so bad well lol im giving him the new one . then i can have this one all for myself :nod:

No not my 250 ;)

made money in Amsterdam....

this really scares me...and it should scare you too Miss Anita...

made money in Amsterdam....

this really scares me...and it should scare you too Miss Anita...

hi this is miss anita . can you tell me why that should scare me? :rolleyes:

I see this all the time..."I got 2954mhz out of my X2 4400+!" and yet no OC DB entry...and they give the excuse I put above, but the reality is this one...that it simply won't pass the OC DB requirements at those speeds/settings....but they will pass at 2750Mhz but for some reason that's "seafood" or who knows what it goes against their OC ego apparently etc.

That's what GGG is about. You say you can do it, prove it or cry to your mum.

Sig clocks (e-penis) are like RL-penis.. everyone talks it up but when you get into the bedroom with your missus your "stability" is 300MHz lower than you bragged. :shake:

haha like you said most countrys arnt hung up on the things the state people are ;)lol careful for her to be with me she would have to be a tiger ;)

they aren't really as stable as they are bragging about in teh other sections or on other forums.

That's the problem on other forums. Everybody is stable at 3.0 and above. Then someone is here asking for help because his processor is the only one that isn't stable. Since TheFlowerKing started the AMD 3GHz Club I've seen a couple of people posting in that thread that are "100% stable" on other forums at 3.0+ but I've yet to see an OCDB entry from them. I think that pretty well sums it up.

people are generally either too lazy to help others by posting in the OC Database (they always got some excuse like it is SO MUCH WORK to run 8h prime95 while sleeping, then wake up, run the rest of the benches in less than an hour, fill out the template, and post it up...sheesh)

or

I gave up trying to get you guys to post in the OC DB. Thunda and I dominated the OC DB for a long long time and we did it because it was fun, but we also did it to help you guys get some OC action going, but most of all we did it because we hoped it would spur others to do it (which sorta goes to the whole 'we did it to help you all get some OC action going on).

haha i see...man that's kinda sad i mean when i first ocdb's i thought it was pretty complicated too but i mean beside the prime which is easily done over night it's CAKE! i don't know what pple are complaining about esp w/ all the templates you give us.