Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket 939 Discussion Thread

yea nothing's in auto and i tried again during lunch and still no dice. wont boot w/ anything below the 150mhz divider. unfortunately when i check the prime it failed at 4 hrs on 3006hmz :sad: sigh...

how much voltage can i give this chip? i'm at 1.55 right now i think? i know you can't go much higher esp on air cooling. can i crank it to 1.6?

Yeah I looked at yer entry after I leaped :rolleyes: Voltage is up to you really and how much a few extra mhz's are worth. Using 1.58v on air for me was pushing mid 50's on load (XP-90). That was over a month ago before temps started melting things around here in California :sweat:

Just give it the slightest lil increases till it either gets stable -or- it simply starts blue screening with more (like mine does past 1.58v) -or- it starts to get too hot for your comfort level...

haha yea blazing california summer weather isn't helping that's for sure. i'm keepin the AC on just keep my ambient temps down...well i'm just doing this to see if i can. the moment i can get a ocdb i'd bring it down. so this is pretty much all for show. :D

haha yea blazing california summer weather isn't helping that's for sure. i'm keepin the AC on just keep my ambient temps down...well i'm just doing this to see if i can. the moment i can get a ocdb i'd bring it down. so this is pretty much all for show. :D

Yuppers...not like that extra 75mhz is gonna make yer games twice as smooth or somethin'. Definitely worth a shot though just to say ya did it ;)

haha yup. i'm just gonna give it a lil more juice tonight. i'm already running mid 50's so i don't want it running too much hotter and that'll be it for me unless i upgrade cooling down the road. hopefully i can run at 2.7-2.8 nice and cool on stock volts.

The fun is never over. Switch out a component and start again.

Yap, fun cycle is beginning again. My nephew is buying my other system and I will use the fund to get an AM2 setup. I also just bought another brand new XFX7900GT UDE7 for $244. I guess I'm going SLI. :nod:

He he he, LOL. My mother gave birth to 10 chilren and I am the 9th born. I have nephews and nieces almost as old as I am.

He he he, LOL. My mother gave birth to 10 chilren and I am the 9th born. I have nephews and nieces almost as old as I am.

wow 9th out of 10!!! your parents must of had a helluva time raising you guys :eek2:

nive volt mod oc on dat 7900gt btw

::edit:: holy crap thunda, i just noticed you have a 1kw psu in your sig! :drool: :drool: :drool: hahahaha

HAHA.. I think its totally overkill but I got a good deal and I wanted to make sure power wasnt a problem.. lol

how much voltage can i give this chip? i'm at 1.55 right now i think? i know you can't go much higher esp on air cooling. can i crank it to 1.6?
Like OldGuy said its really up to you..

I would try to stay at or below 1.6v when using good air cooling for 247.. But as long as temps are good you might be able to add a little more to see IF it actually gives you some mhz in return, but I wouldnt leave it that high for 247 use.. To raise it a little more for a DB entry or some benching should be fine..

Ive been really bored with my cpu and im trying to get her to clock higher.. The other night I went up to 1.72vcore (THIS IS NOT SAFE) to see if I could stablize it higher but it was a no go..

This is all TheFlowerKing's fault.. hehe.. im trying to get to ggg now.. lol

EDIT

Good job on your entry dbilz.. It looks all good.. :nod:

(THIS IS NOT SAFE)
You and I should be required to put disclaimers in our sig.

Please do not try our voltages at home, personal injury or death could result.

HaHa all be the first one with 939 1.9vcore in sig :nod:

HaHa all be the first one with 939 1.9vcore in sig :nod:

or not

the only opteron that could handle 1,86 vcore was a cabye 0540 fpmw......i tryed about 5 or 6 opty more and neither would take more than 1,75.....

i also tryed 1,9 for the SS but it didnt boot into windows

ps: i dont advise running such vcore cause u can ruin your chip