Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket 939 Discussion Thread

I'm not sure he yells, more like a sigh that turns into a growl :D

haha either way i wouldn't want to be the one to turn happy_games back to angry_games.

haha that what she thinks. In this house If ya got a DFI ya got to learn to clock it yourself SO im turning it back to 200 and make her learn on her own :nod: haha Well ok all help her but shes gonna do it on her owen ;)

haha yea thanks. i got it done real quick. i was scared angry would catch it and yell at me about it. neways it's up. i tried image shack but it wouldn't load(never done it probably was doin it wrong somehow). so i ended up resizing. lil bit hard to read but still legible.

my temps are 53cpu, 64pwmic, 43chipset btw. i know that's a little high for the cpu temps. should i bring the clock down? i'm thinkin about removing the ihs to bring it below 50 hopefully...any suggestions?

It's on the high side of things...IHS removal will get ya 3-5 I suppose...yer really not running that high on the voltage. You may want to consider better cooling instead of risking the removal. I have the tiniest lil chip on my 150 but she still runs fine...I've popped the top on all my A64's, never got a better OC just better temps...

yea i'm not sure if i trust myself enough to risk the removal even w/ the tutorial vid :sweat:

maybe i'll try some casemodding to add some more fans and reseating the hsf. also i still got my nv silencer i have yet to install on my gpu card. blowing the air out instead of inside and around the case will help drop a couple degrees i hope. 7800 gtx's sure do run hot. :rolleyes:

o yea i'm not really planning to push it any further. although i might try 3ghz just to see if it can but i probably wont keep it there even if it does :nod:

yea i'm not sure if i trust myself enough to risk the removal even w/ the tutorial vid :sweat:

maybe i'll try some casemodding to add some more fans and reseating the hsf. also i still got my nv silencer i have yet to install on my gpu card. blowing the air out instead of inside and around the case will help drop a couple degrees i hope. 7800 gtx's sure do run hot. :rolleyes:

o yea i'm not really planning to push it any further. although i might try 3ghz just to see if it can but i probably wont keep it there even if it does :nod:

well yer pretty damned close right now...My 150 will boot to 3ghz on stock voltage all the way up to where I run at 2.9ghz with 1.58v...if i add any more than that it will stop hitting the desk top and start blue screening so I listen to me processor...she no likey voltage. Added the Freezone cooler and dropped temps 10c and it got me not a thing (except nice cool temps ;) )

You've come this far...you HAVE to go for 3g's :nod:

Give it a bit more voltage and if it does not respond to the increase then she tops out. But I think she will get to 3.0 eventually, and I'd do it just for the OCDB bragging rights and I'd do the highest OC on a stock vcore for everyday use. To be honest with you, right now you have a very nice OC :drool: :nod: :nod:

Blackhole ::= awesome chip as it is, but give it more! You can get into GGG...

Old-Guy ::= AWESOME sig :D The guy on fire on the Floyd album freaked me out as a kid.. but WHAT AN ALBUM!!!

Old-Guy ::= AWESOME sig :D The guy on fire on the Floyd album freaked me out as a kid.. but WHAT AN ALBUM!!!

Lot of good artwork to be lifted from that album... :nod: The diver...the swimmer in the sand...and of course the burning man (that's what I actually went looking for). Was gonna do Bowies Diamond Dogs cover but I figured "Welcome to the Machine" would fit in a little better around here ;)

Hey King, which Floyd album are you refering to? I thought I had all their albums on CD!

Hey King, which Floyd album are you refering to? I thought I had all their albums on CD!

It's "wish you were here"...