Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Yeah, I just did a google and came up with your sig, "wish you were here". I must have a reprint or somethin' on the cd cover because that is not what is on the case if I can remember. And also it is one of my many favorite Floyd songs. I was born in 1970 and sometimes I keep thinking I was born too late because music that came out in the '60's and '70's are the best ever music era in my opinion. :)

Yeah, I just did a google and came up with your sig, "wish you were here". I must have a reprint or somethin' on the cd cover because that is not what is on the case if I can remember. And also it is one of my many favorite Floyd songs. I was born in 1970 and sometimes I keep thinking I was born too late because music that came out in the '60's and '70's are the best ever music era in my opinion. :)

Haha, there must be something in that.. I was born in '79 and think the best stuff is from '69-'84!

yea i tried 3ghz on current voltage and no go...but i did tighten up memory timings just ever so slightly lol.

i'll try to boost some voltage so i can get in to GGG! :cool: :nod: haha. then i guess my fun will be all over and try to max out w/ stock voltage. thanks for all the tips and comments.

l3lackh0le

Way to go dude you did it and very nice OC. :D

Look’s like you all the requirements and some.

Nice 10hr prime and 3DMark’s!!!!!!!!

thanks tasr. i'm really happy w/ my oc considering what i'm working with. trying to stablize 3G's right now. but i can get it to prime for my life haha. i think it's my ram. i need to hit about 250mhz but it looks like it can only handle about 245-257 (DOH!) lol

i upped the voltages last night so at least it boots now w/ 3ghz but i think in the end my ram's gonna do me in and i'll end up at 2997mhz MAX :rolleyes:

hey if i can get 2997(333*9) stable can i still get into ggg or does it have to be 3 on the money.

thanks tasr. i'm really happy w/ my oc considering what i'm working with. trying to stablize 3G's right now. but i can get it to prime for my life haha. i think it's my ram. i need to hit about 250mhz but it looks like it can only handle about 245-257 (DOH!) lol

Can you drop your divider down one?

i'll try to boost some voltage so i can get in to GGG! :cool: :nod: haha. then i guess my fun will be all over and try to max out w/ stock voltage

The fun is never over. Switch out a component and start again.

The fun is never over. Switch out a component and start again.

hahaha unfortunately my bankroll wont allow for that.

thanks thunda. ;)

::edit:: holy crap thunda, i just noticed you have a 1kw psu in your sig! :drool: :drool: :drool: hahahaha

Can you drop your divider down one?

yea it's kinda weird but when i drop the divider it doesn't want to boot into windows...i don't and can't see why but it happens :confused:

yea it's kinda weird but when i drop the divider it doesn't want to boot into windows...i don't and can't see why but it happens :confused:

Most likely something you have set on auto in memory settings...check your current settings with A64 tweaker then go into bios and set everything manually before applying the divider...

yea nothing's in auto and i tried again during lunch and still no dice. wont boot w/ anything below the 150mhz divider. unfortunately when i check the prime it failed at 4 hrs on 3006hmz :sad: sigh...

how much voltage can i give this chip? i'm at 1.55 right now i think? i know you can't go much higher esp on air cooling. can i crank it to 1.6?