Socket 939 Discussion Thread

or not

the only opteron that could handle 1,86 vcore was a cabye 0540 fpmw......i tryed about 5 or 6 opty more and neither would take more than 1,75.....

i also tryed 1,9 for the SS but it didnt boot into windows

ps: i dont advise running such vcore cause u can ruin your chip

HaHA dude im crazy I know but not that crazy :nod:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HaHA dude im crazy I know but not that crazy :nod:

:D

once ....by mystake....i did run 1,96 through a venice.......only saw it when i got into bios and saw the crazy vcore...ouch

still fine the chip

was under phase of course...i am a bit crazy but not retarded

;)

enough off topic

:D

once ....by mystake....i did run 1,96 through a venice.......only saw it when i got into bios and saw the crazy vcore...ouch

still fine the chip

was under phase of course...i am a bit crazy but not retarded

;)

enough off topic

hahah cliffs thinking right now OH NO DONT TELL HIM THAT :nod:

HAHA.. I think its totally overkill but I got a good deal and I wanted to make sure power wasnt a problem.. lol

Like OldGuy said its really up to you..

I would try to stay at or below 1.6v when using good air cooling for 247.. But as long as temps are good you might be able to add a little more to see IF it actually gives you some mhz in return, but I wouldnt leave it that high for 247 use.. To raise it a little more for a DB entry or some benching should be fine..

Ive been really bored with my cpu and im trying to get her to clock higher.. The other night I went up to 1.72vcore (THIS IS NOT SAFE) to see if I could stablize it higher but it was a no go..

This is all TheFlowerKing's fault.. hehe.. im trying to get to ggg now.. lol

EDIT

Good job on your entry dbilz.. It looks all good.. :nod:

haha yea i'm pretty much going for 3g purely for an entry and ggg... :cool: soon as that's done i'm bring it back down to stock(maybe a lil more) run it around 2.7-2.8.

i'm just doing this for fun since i'm in the oc phase. i need to start playing some games on this thing. :nod:

haha yea i'm pretty much going for 3g purely for an entry and ggg... :cool: soon as that's done i'm bring it back down to stock(maybe a lil more) run it around 2.7-2.8.

i'm just doing this for fun since i'm in the oc phase. i need to start playing some games on this thing. :nod:

Yes indeed...don't be like me. USE your computer and have some fun. I be addicted to OC :shake: Once I get stable it stays like that for a day or two then I HAVE to change something. Anything. Everytime.

You and I should be required to put disclaimers in our sig.

Please do not try our voltages at home, personal injury or death could result.

You mean something like this ?

hv15a16ft.gif

I have way too much free time at work today.. lol

Thats cool !

Ive actually been running my dual core at 289x9 1:1 with my Ballisitx with stock 1.35vcore... Its really all I need for games and my everyday stuff.. Besides its easier on the cpu when im not beating on it all the time..

Thats what you say now..

Soon you will get the bug and realize that you want to overclock and tweak more then playing a game.. You'll notice this sudden urge to buy different ram so that you can clock your system again..

Then you start having odd thoughts during the day.. Like when your driving to work you start thinking about tightening your TRC and adding more vdimm.. Next thing you know your spending many sleepless nights trying to get your clocks higher..

But beware.. once you get into this evil cycle its VERY hard to stop.. The people that say drugs are bad have no clue what they are talking about.. Its overclocking, thats the real the problem..

:shake:

Soon you will get the bug and realize that you want to overclock and tweak more then playing a game.. You'll notice this sudden urge to buy different ram so that you can clock your system again..

Then you start having odd thoughts during the day.. Like when your driving to work you start thinking about tightening your TRC and adding more vdimm.. Next thing you know your spending many sleepless nights trying to get your clocks higher..

But beware.. once you get into this evil cycle its VERY hard to stop.. The people that say drugs are bad have no clue what they are talking about.. Its overclocking, thats the real the problem..

lmao

touché

man......now i realised....i am addicted......

Ive actually been running my dual core at 289x9 1:1 with my Ballisitx with stock 1.35vcore... Its really all I need for games and my everyday stuff.. Besides its easier on the cpu when im not beating on it all the time..

Thats what you say now..

hahaha o man looks like i'm in trouble. i've already started to lose sleep ever since i've been OCing. i start work at 7am and i've been up til at least 1am this week and a half. i'm practically sleeping at work not to mention i probably spend as much time on dfi-street as doing working during work. haha 289mhz 1:1! wowowow yea...i've pretty much been wanting new rams since oc day 1.

umm guys, i seems to lost my ocdb entry?

i had 2, coz i upgraded my RAM, now the newer, 2nd post is gone.. i can only find my original one?

i used to search for "infinity" and it'll show 3 post, 2 which are mine, and 1 infinity ATI-chipset. now it only shows up 1?

help? or did it got deleted?

edit: found it by searching all of my posts in the Overclocking forum.... strange, i still cant find it if i search the thread for "infinity"....

When you fire up a dremel at 2AM in the morning and realize your neighbors might actually be asleep...well...you know you've got problems.

We should start an "OC addict support group".

Hi...My name is Mark and I'm an OC addict.....I need help :sweat: