To be...or not to be

CelticaFLM

Any OCC vegans? I've recently started a vegan diet....mainly to detox...get healthy. I want input on vegan recipes....tips... etc etc

No flame war please lol :rolleyes:

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we are....but that wasn't mother natures intention....that was our decision. That's what's great about being on top of the food chain....we can eat whatever critter we want to......but we don't HAVE to. There's plenty of tasty..healthier options.

If you can give me meat that's free of hormones....steroids....antibiotics....that wasn't killed in a nasty slaughterhouse....then I might eat it....if i'm really hungry :P

Edited by CelticaFLM

actually that was natures intention. That's why we have molars and incisors and canines. It was a design not a choice. I have friends that are vegetarians and have gotta say it's not something for me, but it is a choice for the individual to make and who am I to tell someone else how to live and what to eat.

But I have to ask why Vegan? it is one of the most strict vegetarian diets out there. Sorry though I don't know/can't remember any recipes and I used to know a few good ones.

Yes we are....but that wasn't mother natures intention....that was our decision. That's what's great about being on top of the food chain....we can eat whatever critter we want to......but we don't HAVE to. There's plenty of tasty..healthier options.

If you can give me meat that's free of hormones....steroids....antibiotics....that wasn't killed in a nasty slaughterhouse....then I might eat it....if i'm really hungry :P

Survival of the fittest was mother nature's intention and so from that our omnivorous ways were born. That's why we humans own face. We'll eat/kill pretty much anything that stands in our way. :D

I tried the whole vegan thing for the same reasons as you. I didn't last a month before the craving for seared animal flesh began messing with my daily life. I couldn't focus, I was constantly nauseous, irritable and hungry regardless of how many vegetables/fruits I ate. My body simply began rejecting vegetables. So I went back to eating dead animals and honestly I haven't looked back. No salad on Earth can ever beat a good pastrami on rye.

The only way for you to get the meat that you would consider eating is to go out into the wild and kill it yourself and in doing so you turn the Earth itself into a giant slaughterhouse. Just as nature intended.

fish

are an excellent source of protein and a VERY VERY healthy meat, and literally you can catch them yourselves, and the fish market actually isnt that bad, most local places have home caught fish that are washed, no hormones....and the mercury in the water thing is pretty much BS lol btw

but while being vegan is your own choice I have a friend that's vegan and it is very tough to stay healthy since you'll be missing out of alot of essential vitamins only found in some meats. so be forewarned you'll have to take vitamins with this diet. but I support anyone who wants to do what they want with their life, just letting you know that you'll have to have some vitamins to make up for the minerals and vitamins you'll be losing without eating certain things, because if you dont you'll become even MORE unhealthy

but seriously fish are an excellent meat, their not cruely killed, MOST are fresh and not grown or anything (obviously shop around to find the freshest fish)

but just giving some info! :-D gl on your quest :-D

Yes we are....but that wasn't mother natures intention....that was our decision.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I'm wondering how you decided that. Just looking at our teeth you can see that they were made or evolved for eating everything, not just veggies. ;)

I'm far too attached to meat to ever become a vegan. It's not just the meat either. It's all the other stuff that's animal-based or has animal-based ingredients. That rules pretty much everything at the supermarket except the produce section. Oh well, to each his own. :thumbs-up:

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I'm wondering how you decided that. Just looking at our teeth you can see that they were made or evolved for eating everything, not just veggies. ;)

I'm far too attached to meat to ever become a vegan. It's not just the meat either. It's all the other stuff that's animal-based or has animal-based ingredients. That rules pretty much everything at the supermarket except the produce section. Oh well, to each his own. :thumbs-up:

:withstupid:

I wish you the best at being a vegan. The first week or two are like none you've ever experienced in your life. You feel so much better...and then you go down hill. Sorry that I couldn't really help out with your question.

The teeth say it all.

As do our eyes. They are hunters eyes, not prey. Look at lions, tigers, cheetahs, leopards, bears and other meat-eating hunters. Eyes at the front of the head together. Now look at typical "prey". Gazelle, rabbits, antelope, deer etc etc ... eyes are further apart and on the sides of the head mostly. This is mother nature evolving us to hunt and evolving "prey" to have better eyesight (to maintain a supposed equilibrium) :)

Vegan to me is a bit extreme. It is also quite limiting and hypocritical, seeing as plants and pulses were all once upon a time living, much like eggs, milk and steaks. Vegetarian, I can deal with that. Lots of protein can be obtained from dairy products, while iron can be sought through the likes of spinach.

Your call really, but it is a fact that humans are omnivorous.

The teeth say it all.

As do our eyes. They are hunters eyes, not prey. Look at lions, tigers, cheetahs, leopards, bears and other meat-eating hunters. Eyes at the front of the head together. Now look at typical "prey". Gazelle, rabbits, antelope, deer etc etc ... eyes are further apart and on the sides of the head mostly. This is mother nature evolving us to hunt and evolving "prey" to have better eyesight (to maintain a supposed equilibrium) :)

Vegan to me is a bit extreme. It is also quite limiting and hypocritical, seeing as plants and pulses were all once upon a time living, much like eggs, milk and steaks. Vegetarian, I can deal with that. Lots of protein can be obtained from dairy products, while iron can be sought through the likes of spinach.

Your call really, but it is a fact that humans are omnivorous.

uh-huh... depth perception ftw!