To be...or not to be

CelticaFLM

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prenatal diet? pffft

yer kid is gonna be a mental case whatever you do :lol::P

when there was the big mad cow's disease in Britain, I ate MORE beef... cos steak was like cheaper than any other meat lol... even frozen burgers :lol:

chinese people eat meat from markets all the time... and they invented kungfu and have like the oldest people ever... and old people that can kick your arse lol...

good luck with non-animal products, because dairy products and meat make tasty food, so you are just cheating yourself out of tasty and healthy pure food...

I think that staying away from all the processed/refined junk and chemicals will do wonders for anybody. I think that alone should be enough to clean out your system. Anyway, here's some help with your vegan recipe needs. ;)

Vegan is no animal products.....not "no living...anything" lol. I'm not eating dirt :-|. And....sure I feel bad when I kill a houseplant....but plants don't scream (I swear I didn't hear anything).........and they don't look at you with big kind eyes.

Shrek%202%20-%20Puss%20in%20Boots.jpg

EDIT: I would like to point out that not all animals are pumped full of steriod and antibiotics. It depends on where you get your meat from. If you have a good, local butcher and happen to live in the country, there's a pretty good chance that you'll end up with "clean" meat.

Edited by Bleeble

I would like to point out that not all animals are pumped full of steriod and antibiotics. It depends on where you get your meat from. If you have a good, local butcher and happen to live in the country, there's a pretty good chance that you'll end up with "clean" meat.

:withstupid: 95% of our meat comes from a farm about 6 miles away :)

lol.....that pic was exactly what I had invisioned.

Anyway....Bleeble...you are exactly right....not all places carry the crappy meat. The "Fresh Market" we have here is actually very reputable. I may go there to get salmon....I haven't made up my mind on that yet....I really REALLY like it.

Vegetables do get a lot of pesticides etc...very very harmful ones that seep into the water and contaminate EVERYTHING....I try to buy organic.....that can get a bit costly....I just do what I can.

NRG....I said I was taking Prenatal VITAMINES..and if the milk and meat we have here in the US were PURE I wouldn't have an issue with them...silly boy...and I love you too...also...you smell.

However....preparing for a baby is one factor....I do want to clean my body out and eat natural foods.

EDIT: I would like to point out that not all animals are pumped full of steriod and antibiotics. It depends on where you get your meat from. If you have a good, local butcher and happen to live in the country, there's a pretty good chance that you'll end up with "clean" meat.

My point earlier exactly ;) I live in the countryside (to a degree) and the local produce is fantastic - eggs are really really orange in the yolks. Can't beat that :D

seafood is WORSE than any slaughtered animal in not only how the animal is treated, but what's in it.

anyone who thinks fresh fish is perfectly healthy better have the mercury, lead, zinc, and other heavy metals checked in thier seafood. and I'm talking about from the time it's pulled aboard the boat... real good for a wild caught food source. and people wonder why I fish a lot but still practice catch and release no matter what.

also celt, I happen to have cattle. I EAT them when ever I get the chance (I love those pets... double income and they taste great). they are free range and killed in a quick and humane manner. I would preffer to do it myself but the FDA prohibits that because the meat is generally sold to the public as opposed to ending up on my dinner table :(

lol.....that pic was exactly what I had invisioned.

Anyway....Bleeble...you are exactly right....not all places carry the crappy meat. The "Fresh Market" we have here is actually very reputable. I may go there to get salmon....I haven't made up my mind on that yet....I really REALLY like it.

Vegetables do get a lot of pesticides etc...very very harmful ones that seep into the water and contaminate EVERYTHING....I try to buy organic.....that can get a bit costly....I just do what I can.

NRG....I said I was taking Prenatal VITAMINES..and if the milk and meat we have here in the US were PURE I wouldn't have an issue with them...silly boy...and I love you too...also...you smell.

However....preparing for a baby is one factor....I do want to clean my body out and eat natural foods.

Well back when my mum was pregnant with me and Ultrasound scans were only for the rich and the ill, she smoked, ate pretty much whatever she craved or wanted to eat (but no alcohol) and I still turned out pretty well (knock wood!) and I'm just over 6 feet tall and reasonably broad and healty/good IQ (:lol:) etc ...

... I think the modern food scares are an absolute joke! But hey - that's just me. I certainly won't be freaking out when I have kids, because these days EVERYTHING causes cancer or foetal problems/abnormalities ... yawn ...

Well back when my mum was pregnant with me and Ultrasound scans were only for the rich and the ill, she smoked, ate pretty much whatever she craved or wanted to eat (but no alcohol) and I still turned out pretty well (knock wood!) and I'm just over 6 feet tall and reasonably broad and healty/good IQ (:lol:) etc ...

... I think the modern food scares are an absolute joke! But hey - that's just me. I certainly won't be freaking out when I have kids, because these days EVERYTHING causes cancer or foetal problems/abnormalities ... yawn ...

You're lucky... my generation was just in time to catch chernobyl fallout :lol:

seafood is WORSE than any slaughtered animal in not only how the animal is treated, but what's in it.

anyone who thinks fresh fish is perfectly healthy better have the mercury, lead, zinc, and other heavy metals checked in thier seafood. and I'm talking about from the time it's pulled aboard the boat... real good for a wild caught food source. and people wonder why I fish a lot but still practice catch and release no matter what.

also celt, I happen to have cattle. I EAT them when ever I get the chance (I love those pets... double income and they taste great). they are free range and killed in a quick and humane manner. I would preffer to do it myself but the FDA prohibits that because the meat is generally sold to the public as opposed to ending up on my dinner table :(

Yeah I already mentioned the mercury issue....definitely not good for baby....but again....it all depends on what water it was pulled from.

I grew up on a farm.....my family didn't raise cattle but many of our neighbors did...they (the cows not the neighbors) were perfectly happy until the day came when they were knocked in the head and killed instantly.....I don't have a problem with that. People were getting good meat....and the cow didn't suffer....unfortunately....not all slaughter houses are that quick and painless. I wish they were.

Silverfox....the doc put my mom on a beer diet so that she would gain weight lol....and i'm perfectly normal ^_^ ....anyway....in response to the "food scares"....not many people in the US are scared.....obviously.....we are a very obese country. Also, it depends on where you are from.....some countries aren't as bad as others.

Edited by CelticaFLM

hey, my wife was on one of those vegitarian diets (and she took flak from me at the time) when we had out 2nd child. he was born VERY unhealthy, didn't survive the 2nd night... needless to say I didn't joke about the vegitarian crap with her after that. but the doctor told her that had a lot to do with the problems. next 2 came out just fine after she resumed a normal human being diet of critters. apparently eating meat did her wonders... now to convince her that we do NOT need anymore kids (3 of our own and 1 adopted).

btw, couldn't help it. this was such a great add campaign by Gerber... though it won't change my views on carrying thier knives for survival or making tasty critters portable / fit on the bbq grille

post-4758-1186527904_thumb.jpg

Have_an_eye.bmp

post-4758-1186528121_thumb.jpg

post-4758-1186528133_thumb.jpg

post-4758-1186528161_thumb.jpg

Good_weekend.bmp

Sadly...doctors don't know much about nutrition....most of them have very little training in that area....not all...but most. My mother had 2 miscarriages...she ate from all the food groups....then the doc put her on beer and she had me.....and then there are mothers who have babies after having a steady diet of drugs and junk.....so I don't think her diet had anything to do with it. I know many hardcore vegans that have some pretty tough kids.....not scrawny, pale, little wimps. I'm just choosing to be extra healthy....i'm not just eating veggies. Fruit..nuts...beans...whole grain oats..along with veggies..make up a very good diet.