To be...or not to be

CelticaFLM

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the local produce is fantastic - eggs are really really orange in the yolks. Can't beat that :D

it's a trick... my mate Tim, his dad was or used to be an egg farmer... they feed chickens some kinda food that makes the yolk more yellow... it's something natural like carrots or orange juice or something lol... but it's a farmer trick

I've cut out junk....sugar...caffiene....red meat...and alcohol....and just in a few days I feel awesome. It's about getting healthy and getting all the toxins out of my system.....secondly....comes my "beef" with how animals are treated in meat "farms".

Oh...so your not on a vegan diet....Vegans are the biggest drinkers and smokers I know, other than the Irish.

I eat sunflower seeds....sunflowers cast a shadow...so HAH

Seriously....I feel great right now....if I start to feel bad....and look sickly....i'll add some fresh meat to my diet.

yea but sunflower seeds don't cast the shadow.

All the vegans I know don't smoke...and most only drink organic red wine....but just because a person is vegan doesn't mean they are a health nut. I'm trying to be healthy.

I'm Irish/Cherokee....alcohol is a part of life for me.....but if I do drink....it'll only be wine....and once a baby comes into the picture....not at all.

And....I ...was...joking...about the sunflower sheeeesh :P

Edited by CelticaFLM

All the vegans I know don't smoke...and most only drink organic red wine....but just because a person is vegan doesn't mean they are a health nut. I'm trying to be healthy.

I'm Irish/Cherokee....alcohol is a part of life for me.....but if I do drink....it'll only be wine....and once a baby comes into the picture....not at all.

And....I ...was...joking...about the sunflower sheeeesh :P

yea I know you were joking....nothing wrong with wine...I actually love to have wine with dinner, and they do say that wine is good for you. But again as I said in my first post to this topic that going vegetarian is a choice that only you can choose, just remember that after a while of that diet you can't go right back to meat, after a while your body will stop producing the enzymes to break it down, just like milk thats how a lot of people become lactose intolerant because they stop drinking milk. I'll try and get in touch with one of my friends that is a vegetarian and try to get some recipes from her for ya(thats who I got some from before that were very good) but good luck with your new dietary choice.

If you can give me meat that's free of hormones....steroids....antibiotics....that wasn't killed in a nasty slaughterhouse....then I might eat it....if i'm really hungry :P

If I were to pet it to death would you eat it then? :lol:

I might be mistaken about US food regulations, but doen't the FDA regulate the slaughterhouses?

Now...you are making me pet the apple I have sitting on my desk...STOP!!!!

Actually I was never big on meat.....sure every once in a while I want a chunk of cow and I would gladly bite someones head off in order to get it.....but...same goes for chocolate....and well....we won't go there.....

The stuff that is added to our meat is poison and the conditions in slaughterhouses are shameful.....even so called "free range" is still questionable.

I love fresh veggies and fruit....I could live on them happily. Fish and seafood...i'm still debating on. They don't have all the "junk" added...so that's a maybe.

My main health issue was the need for caffiene in order to get going....i've quit coffee. Also.....i've quit pop....there's nothing beneficial in soda...NOTHING.

Bigred...you silly man

I've cut out junk....sugar...caffiene....red meat...and alcohol....and just in a few days I feel awesome. It's about getting healthy and getting all the toxins out of my system.....secondly....comes my "beef" with how animals are treated in meat "farms".

I just need some new interesting ideas for meals.

So chocolate might still be an addiction if read between the lines. :lol: Sugar is supposed to be bad for you (quite a bit in chocolate if I'm not mistaken. I also heard that chocolate can be an Aphrodisiac (hey Bryan, get her some good chocolate) :lol: Sorry about that one, I just couldn't help myself.

As far as what's in the meat, it probably isn't any worse than what's in the air that we are breathing, but who knows? :unsure:

bigred isn't silly. he's got a sense of humor.

Sounds like you've cut all the fun stuff out of eating.

Toxins... your body needs at least a few in order to build up the immune system.... Hey, now there's a good excuse to eat some crap and by no means am I saying that fast food be in our diet. I rarely eat the stuff (fast food) myself and never eat at McDonald's, they are the worst in my opinion. Even if there isn't any in the food, I still consider it to be fecal matter.

seafood is WORSE than any slaughtered animal in not only how the animal is treated, but what's in it.

anyone who thinks fresh fish is perfectly healthy better have the mercury, lead, zinc, and other heavy metals checked in thier seafood. and I'm talking about from the time it's pulled aboard the boat... real good for a wild caught food source. and people wonder why I fish a lot but still practice catch and release no matter what.

also celt, I happen to have cattle. I EAT them when ever I get the chance (I love those pets... double income and they taste great). they are free range and killed in a quick and humane manner. I would preffer to do it myself but the FDA prohibits that because the meat is generally sold to the public as opposed to ending up on my dinner table :(

bigred, a BBQ at your place must be something really special, woohoo! Man I'd love to be the cook at one of those BBQs.

Yes, Seafood... What has man done to the oceans and waterways of the planet.... oil spills and dumping of raw sewage into water supplies. MMMMM, great stuff seafood.

I wonder if hardnrg thought about that before his meal of calamari the other night?????

So from what I've read you're basicaly turning into a rabbit and will survive on lettuce and carrots (biological I'd imagine)... :lol:

Celtica, I'm not being mean. If I have offended you please accept my appologies because that was not the intent of this reply. It's just that found this to be a little funny seeing that it was in the food section, but it does apply. After all if we can't have any fun in the forums.. well you know what I mean.

I sincerely hope that you can find the good foods that you are looking for and can enjoy them. By the way, is Bryan on this diet too?

I love to prepare and eat foods that are rich in taste and don't prepare meals out of necessity. The last time I went for a complete checkup (last year), my cholesterol was fine and blood pressure was ok. Yeah I could lose a few pounds but that could probably be said for any 46 year old male that doesn't excersize religiously.

So in my case I'd prefer a charcoal broiled ribsteak with baked potato, sour cream with chives (along with a few brews might I add :D ) over a calory wize salad with a side order of carrots. Bring on the toxins! :lol:

it all depends on which place I am at for a BBQ. out in colorado they're awsome... just don't tell anyone the last 2 included the llama's being grilled up.

and celt... same thing goes here. I'm just giving ya a bad time. all it means is one less person trying to eat all the cute and tasty critters.

lol.....that pic was exactly what I had invisioned.

Anyway....Bleeble...you are exactly right....not all places carry the crappy meat. The "Fresh Market" we have here is actually very reputable. I may go there to get salmon....I haven't made up my mind on that yet....I really REALLY like it.

Vegetables do get a lot of pesticides etc...very very harmful ones that seep into the water and contaminate EVERYTHING....I try to buy organic.....that can get a bit costly....I just do what I can.

NRG....I said I was taking Prenatal VITAMINES..and if the milk and meat we have here in the US were PURE I wouldn't have an issue with them...silly boy...and I love you too...also...you smell.

However....preparing for a baby is one factor....I do want to clean my body out and eat natural foods.

if ur going to go forward with this vegan thing I suggest eating at least fish, PLUS fish oil and meat is good for our brains

FYI WHEN I SAID SEAFOOD I MEANT FROM A CLEAN WATER SOURCE, AKA RAISE YOUR OWN TILAPIA ETC.

noone can argue with that, raising your own fish for eating (or eating fish people raised for eating)

=no mercury.

see problem solved, bigred your right , the ocean is quite polluted, but fish raised for eating is Quite clean, we raised tilapia and their GREAT, taste great and they get quite big :-D

MMMMMMMMM BRAINS!!!!!!!

Edited by CoolMaster