To be...or not to be

CelticaFLM

they're the only large chain of restruants who actually cooks with wood as far as I know.

hmmm..... I have ordered thier sauces by the case before... wonder what customs thinks of shipping that?

"eggplant still tastes like eggplant. meat tastes like murder and murder tastes pretty *** good"

Well I'll soon find out their policy on international orders and deal with customs if need be.

MMMMMMMM.. meat. :D

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem....yes my Vegan thread has been hijacked by talks of BBQ.....Anywho

Come on guys...I have a sense of humor....I expected some of you to tease me...it would be odd if you didn't :-p....but bigred and maza....still silly men :-p. DOn't you think Bryan is giving me a hard time....dangling jerky in front of me etc etc.

Anyway...yes the FDA regulates slaughterhouses....but they look the other way on a lot of stuff. I'm sure there are some reputable ones out there. Like I said...I grew up on a farm....I knew some great farmers who treated their animals like family....until...they knocked them in the head of course.

I don't have a problem with fresh clean meat....and I mean completely clean....but it's hard to come by if you don't live in a certain area...and i'm just choosing not to eat it anymore. Don't get me wrong....i'm a girl...but I could tear a big thick steak up in minutes.

Yes...chocolate is my weakness....there is such a thing as vegan chocolate....and Bryan had better be looking into it for his own safety :-)

Seriously though....i'm not eating like a rabbit....there's soy products out there that are awesome.I love Morning Star corndogs! I eat whole grain breads...pastas...etc etc. I'm completely satisfied.....I just need to find some chocolate....alternatives....and some nice EASY recipes.

Bottom line is...I feel good :-)...and my immune system is great...unless of course i'm stressed....and I am often....with work.

I understand though...I know some of you just don't have the self control and strength to handle not eating/drinking all the nasty stuff that's bad for us ::giggle::

Edited by CelticaFLM

A female talking of self-control? :lol::P

Well I wish you the best of luck. As long as it's your choice and you think it'll benefit you, that's great. Though I am curious, have you talked to your dietician about this? If so, what did they say? S/he may be able to give you a bit of advice on products and things to look for in terms of ingredients.

The only risk with chocolate "substitutes" is the stuff they tend to put in them, which is what you're trying to avoid. Sucralose, aspartame, et cetera. Nothing like stuff that breaks down into formaldehyde in your system :D.

But on topic... http://www.cok.net/lit/recipes/ They seem to have a good amount of recipes there. http://vegweb.com/ A bit more focused on vegetarians, but still may have some good stuff.

A female talking of self-control? :lol::P

Well I wish you the best of luck. As long as it's your choice and you think it'll benefit you, that's great. Though I am curious, have you talked to your dietician about this? If so, what did they say? S/he may be able to give you a bit of advice on products and things to look for in terms of ingredients.

The only risk with chocolate "substitutes" is the stuff they tend to put in them, which is what you're trying to avoid. Sucralose, aspartame, et cetera. Nothing like stuff that breaks down into formaldehyde in your system :D.

But on topic... http://www.cok.net/lit/recipes/ They seem to have a good amount of recipes there. http://vegweb.com/ A bit more focused on vegetarians, but still may have some good stuff.

::smack:: Ok..now that that's out of the way :-p

I don't have a dietician....Bryan has to pretty much hog tie me to get me to go to the doctor. Last time I did....I discovered Anemia....not from lack of Iron...but B12....I've fixed my diet and now i'm fine. Our bodies are amazing enough to let us know when something is wrong....if I start to feel sick...i'll stop what i'm doing and go to the doc....to make sure i'm not deficient in anything. I'm trying really hard to eat a balance of everything though.

I'm avoiding the artificial sweeteners as well....no "diet" chocolate....i'm looking for the REAL stuff...75% cocoa....with soy....etc. There's a few vegan chocolate bars i'll probably try. "Endangered Species" is supposed to be pretty good. I'm not worried about trace amounts of milk products.....it's hard to keep it out of the candy when they are made in the same factory as the others laden with milk.

Coolermaster....in response to the fish thing....I do take fish oil....i'm still thinking about getting some fresh salmon.....I dunno...maybe in a few weeks i'll introduce fish back into my diet.....maybe.

Edited by CelticaFLM

I'm...a bit....old... for a pediatrician :blink:

Well....Bryan (hubby) will have to drag me to one kicking and screaming cuz i'm not going :ph34r:

Seriously...I probably will in a few months just to make sure my iron and B12 is ok....of course...last time I was anemic I could feel it...I just wanted to sleep ALL the time. And besides....once a baby is in the picture i'll be going to the doc..A LOT....yay :glare:

Anyone have a good hummus recipe?

Woah, I've never heard THAT one before

You made me inhale a grape :lol: (i'm on my lunch break)

Anyway KB...insurance doesn't pay for a dietician...I don't even know anybody that goes to one ::shrug::

What drives me crazy about Peta and Vegans is how they state mother nature never intended for humans to be omnivores. Here is where I find them to be most hypocritical. Ever heard of evolution? The diet of any animal or human for that matter will need to change in order to survive in changing enviornments. So, let's take the Little Ice Ages, which occurred three times between the 16th - 19th century. Well.... let's see... colder climate isn't suitable for growing crops, so wait... oh yea, there are animals for humans to hunt. I guess if humans were not able to eat meat, I guess they would not have survived in colder climates. Especially when many humans relied on hunting, oh... like Native Americans during the winter season. Oh, and by the way, mother nature did intend for us to be omnivores. What the heck is the point of being at the top of the food chain when you can't enjoy eating both plants and animals?