Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLEEBLE; SHOW YOURSELF!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm running at 400x9 @ 1.4375V (BIOS) right now. Idle 46, load 71C (via Coretemp) with an Ultra-120 and Panaflo M1A @ 12V. Ambient is 25-26C (80 degree days + poor air circulation in my room/house = high temps). It's 27 hours Orthos stable, but I don't have a screenshot to prove it. I'm waiting to get paid for some CAD work so I can buy a good watercooling system and see what this beast is capable of... but I guess I'd need some good RAM to do that too. This junk is Orthos stable well over DDR2-900 but Quake 4 crashes if I go above 830. *sigh*

On a positive note, I bought a CM Stacker for $75 to house my w/c system. I've always liked the Stacker, and now I have one. I plan to sand it down and repaint it (probably red and black). I'll have a PA120.3 along the top. Probably a window on the side so I can show of my w/c. Woo! I'm getting excited just thinking about it. :) Now all I need it some money and the time to do it all...

And who knows, maybe I'll even get a reliable internet connection one of these days instead of using my neighbor's (that I can only pick up on warms days... which is why I suddenly appeared on OCC again :lol:).

Is it really a good idea to follow cpu-z for everything. I mean king, you are pretty sure 6300's are allendales and i am pretty sure that 6700's are conroes but still cpu-z gets it wrong. Also my 4300 comes up as an allendale but my friends as a conroe

Edited by Comp Dude2

cpu-z may get the name wrong... but i can't remember it being wrong for the amount of cache and the nm technology for quite some time... and that's what matters... it could be a conroe with half the cache disabled, an allendale, or a ch-ch-ch-chip'n'dale... as long as you're grouping them by cache level per core it doesn't really matter :)

Edited by hardnrg

I may as well post my modest overclock here ;)

C2D E4300 @ 3.0Ghz (9*335, don't ask me why it doesn't supports 333Mhz bus).

Asus P5N-E SLI

2x1Gb G.Skill PC6400HK @ 3-3-3-5-3-1T synced (i.e. 375Mhz, to get max performance with reduced timings)

Seasonic S12-500W

2x7900GTX (Sli)

In terms of cooling :

Zalman CNPS-9500 @7V

ThermalRight HR-05-SLI with a Noiseblocker fan @5V(800rpm) on the northbridge

1x120mm fan extracting the hot air

12 hours OCCT stable ;)

ccokeman, I will add this when I get back home. No good doing that during school ;-)

Nrg is totally right on this one, doesn't matter if 2MB are disabled or it natively has 2MB, its an Allendale, 4MB is a Conroe!

Tetedeiench, please post screenshots! That RAM looks like some real nice overclocking stuff.

Noone wanna congratulate me for my Xeon 3060? :( j/k, I am just extremely happy with a 1.3GHz overclock below stock volts :lol:

ccokeman, I will add this when I get back home. No good doing that during school ;-)

Nrg is totally right on this one, doesn't matter if 2MB are disabled or it natively has 2MB, its an Allendale, 4MB is a Conroe!

Tetedeiench, please post screenshots! That RAM looks like some real nice overclocking stuff.

Noone wanna congratulate me for my Xeon 3060? :( j/k, I am just extremely happy with a 1.3GHz overclock below stock volts :lol:

I will still argue that point Intel says there Conroes and CPUZ shows my 6300 as a conroe. Now before when it showed as Allendale you said we are going by CPUZ now they have corrected there mistake. So now we are not going by CPUZ??????

What is this make up the rules as we go kind of thing???????

Just call the Conroes a Allandale EE.

Edited by road-runner

road, the point is that they have a different codename in CPU-Z, which is right because if it has native 2MB cache or 2MB by disabling the other 2MB doesn't matter. They will go through as Allendales here :)

If the E6300/6400 with the high FSB are going to be Allendales what are the lower FSB C2D allendale chips going to be called then Pressler?

Edited by road-runner