Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've had a chance to mess with my E4300 a little today, nothing serious, but here are my Super PI runs for the 1M and 32M tests @ 3.28 or so. Cropped the other monitor out of the image to make it easier to view :)

1M/32M

3284superpi1mp3.th.jpg 3284superpi32fz9.th.jpg

The slow times are of course due to me running other apps and generally pretending it wasnt runing the whole time :lol: What can I say? Got to use the toy afterall

Yeah it's an Allendale (as core temp shows) humm 25C load chipset temps here atm...me thinks i may be OC time if i let it cool down a little more in here...(snow ftw)

Right now I'm @3.327, but the board's being a PITA, all online reviews show NB and SB voltage control in the BIOS, yet NONE of the ASUS BIOS DLs have the option. Even so the former owner had it running over 400fsb and says the 370-395ish range of fsb was unstable but resumed stability above 400...over 400 give me massive rebootage of death :-\ I'll have to play with this thing some it appears. Actually...I just looked over at CPUz to check voltage and it's acting like SpeedStep is enabled...1.213v and no speed drop CAN'T be good... (F@H load). Time to restart and see what the heck is going on.

o.O Finally - Overclocking Soon Kiddies :D

post-12900-1170674726_thumb.jpg

Core temp, as well as the Intel thing are reporting diffrent temps, and from what i read over at XS these chips run fine up into 100*C (as reported via Core Temp) and based on intels equation to find my temp i should be loading at about 55*C but i can touch my cooler and it is slightly warm (35-40 tops) so im going to dig up a temp probe and actually run this thing at the REAL temp, and maybe see what temp it fries at :)

hey Uber, you suck :lol:

as I said before, this ain't no STOCK SPEED database! This is only for serious overclockers :lol:

If you need help, the 775 Guide is stickied in the overclocking section :lol:

Having a few issues still, not sure what they are, the plan is to fix them today, and hopefully be overclocking soon :)

nice results cchalo, although I don't see it in the broader picture as I have no clue how the E4300's OC.

The point is it's NOT an E4300, I bought a used E6600 today VMware is up and running too, folding i might add :) now...will the addiction force em to buy some DDR2 and a cheap 775 board for the 4300 or will i sadly sell it...I think we all know that I'll end up with a second core 2 rig :)