How Many Of You Dont Oc Cuz Your Poor?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm that's odd, I OC BECAUSE im poor.  I cant aford the latest and the greatest s instead of buying a 3500+, I bought a 3000+ and OCed it.  ok saved $$ there, as for video cards, I was using my 9600 Pro and OCing it to get every last FPS in games like Farcry, now im a little more content with my 6800 @ or near stock speeds, though I still like to boost performance a little every so often. 

Last tiem I check the real reason for OCing is to buy a $150 part and get out of it the equivilant of a $200 part :D

471146[/snapback]

or you could buy the latest and greatest and oc it and endup with something faster than the fastest out if that makes sense.

im poor but even if i fry a part, i have so many other rigs i can sell to buy that part back its not funny lol.

I modded my brand new A64 939 board the minute I got it. Didn't even put it in to see if it was DOA! I didn't have the money to get a replacement if I screwed it up either :P

Therefore, I think I must overclock because.... I am......stupid?!? :)  :thumbs-up:  :ph34r:  :unsure:

471169[/snapback]

Lmao. :lol::lol:

I overclock because I am addicted to benching. I love it when you are on the front page of orb and you know that you have one the fastest comps out there. Also I love beating people that have xtreme cooling, and more expensive parts.

The entire basis around overclocking is to run at higher speeds with what you have rather than shell out the money for something you don't have- it is a poor person's way to get by and a rich person's sport.

Heh, the hardcore mods and other big projects are what seperate the casual overclocker from the true oc'ers :D. Its just another step...if your hardware cant overclock anymore, physically change it to fit your needs :lol: . And it *is* great to be on the first page ;)

ive got a steady stream of cash now so im not exactly poor...but yeah..i hate burning out parts and i can understand where you guys are coming from...im just addicted to oc'n and saying "youve got a 4000+?, my 3200+ runs faster than yours buddy..." (aside from the 1mb cache) im also addicted to benchmarking, so the overclocking helps...man i need phasechange cooling

I only overclock parts that are a bottleneck to the rest... makes sense to me...

Like my GFX card now...

Geforce 4 MX 440 (64MB) paired with an Athlon 64 = GFX card bottleneck :lol:

My problem is finding the time. I got into folding and after seeing 4ghz and having a peltier meltdown killing a P4C800 Deluxe and a ATI AIW 9800 Pro now I just let 3.2EE fold 24/7 on just water cooling at close to 3.7Ghz along with the rest of my machines and everyone that will over clock is overclocked and have been that way for some time.

:foldon:

I dont overclock much because at the time being i dont have a job and i dont want to risk torching my system. I will overclock a tiny tiny bit (raise the fsb by 5) but i dont really want to risk destroying my system (because it would be a while before i could get a new one) so i dont do any serious overclocks.