Ricer Or American Muscle?

zigen

Which would you rather put money into? Assuming money is not a problem  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather put money into? Assuming money is not a problem

• A Japanese ricer
    • An American muscle car

rice rockets are gay.  Not really a big fan of "muscle cars" either, but since my favorite car is a Viper, and that's American, I voted for American muscle cars.

So basically you're an "exotic" fanatic :P

Back to the discussion at hand:

Don't get me wrong guys, ricers can be bolted better than Frankenstein in a Home Depot and get some pretty good times off the line... But if you're gonna ask me to choose between a Stang and an Eclipse... Giddeeyup ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's really dumb to make generalizations like japanese cars are slower, american cars are lemons.

There are sub 10 second imports out there. thats with the limitations on the amount of horsepower detroit will alow japanese manufatures sell on US soil. also how many I-4 and V-6 domesics run sub 10sec 1/4 miles times, i'm sure they exsist, but there aren't many. also to base a cars worth on a 1/4mi time is just stupid to me. if driving were about going straight why have a steering wheel.

American cars have become substantially more reliable in the past 20 years, many will go the distance with "the honda". One can't help but wonder how much of that is because of the competitionfrom imports during the 70's and 80's, but thats what makes competition a such a good thing.

I just prefer an american muscle car. A 1967 shelby gt500 would about do it for me. Its like the guys who like Harleys vs. the guys who like super bikes. They both have their strong point and it just comes down to preference. The top pro stock imports are running quarter mile times equal to or better than american pro stockers, the only difference is the ignition ,fuel and engine management systems allowed on the imports that are not allowed on domestic pro stock.

i think japanese cars (if properly modded) can beat any muscle car in most circumstances...maybe not the straight away...but heck...racing isnt just going in a line :)

With that theory, a properly modded Pinto could beat any muscle car or import in most circumstances... :lol:

<--

I think everyone should be able to tell where my allegiance lies...

There are sub 10 second imports out there. thats with the limitations on the amount of horsepower detroit will alow japanese manufatures sell on US soil.

I would love to see some facts that back up that statement

and littleaznkid....a modded supra will destroy a modded NSX

Edited by sdy284

lol, well, as the saying goes....it all depends.....

american cars are muscle because you guys can afford the fuel. europe/japan is a bit different!

still, anyone can go fast in a straight line, as much as the new Mustang is mmm....mmm......

......i voted ricer though. Jap cars are better for going round bends (generally speaking) and that is where i get my kicks! whuppin . round a tight bend/roundabout (unlucky for the US ya dont got these!) is what it's all about!

So, on the straight....US

If a kink is involved.....JP

around the curves? what the heck is that?

drive OVER it!!!!!!

I'm actually suprised @ how well dodge did with the new durango. that SOB has got some serious balls it, good gas milage, and handles curves very well. does it count at american muscle? it has a hemi!

Im actually suprised @ how well dodge did with the new durango.  that SOB has got some serious balls it, good gas milage, and handles curves very well.  does it count at american muscle?  it has a hemi!

My new Ram has a HEmi and yes it does have the balls to run. I was impressed at how well it runs. 110hp more than my 02 Ram and 2 mpg better in the economy dept. And its 4wd to boot