Ricer Or American Muscle?

zigen

Which would you rather put money into? Assuming money is not a problem  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather put money into? Assuming money is not a problem

• A Japanese ricer
    • An American muscle car

This is why I love muscle. The sheer power of a naturally aspirated engine that has more torque then you can poke a stick at.

This is my dream car right here. A 2005 Mustang GTR!

Edited by Shaggy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but bends people, *b-e-n-d-s* !!!

what does decompression sickness have to do with anything?

(ok ok i'll shut up)

But anyway. I don't think you can say one is better at handling corners than the other. Suspension can be modified to improve both types of cars. I saw a tuned Corvette someplace that could pull a bit over 1g on a skidpad and acceleration was something like 2.6 sec 0-60.

If we really want to say that one group of car has the best handling over the other though, then I would probably say European over both ricers and American

what does decompression sickness have to do with anything?

(ok ok i'll shut up)

But anyway. I don't think you can say one is better at handling corners than the other. Suspension can be modified to improve both types of cars. I saw a tuned Corvette someplace that could pull a bit over 1g on a skidpad and acceleration was something like 2.6 sec 0-60.

If we really want to say that one group of car has the best handling over the other though, then I would probably say European over both ricers and American

awww....camaro94....you are my hero! finally someone who recognises "our" cars as generally better handling (at stock) than most other manufacturers!

you love us really!!

plus the euro cars are mainly fwd which gives a bit more control than rwd round most bends (obviously variables will affect this, but i am loosely speaking). 4wd is even better but Ford showed that a 50/50 split didnt work as well as a 70/30 f/r split (as found on the sierra XR4x4 :D

i mean come on! 90% of people here are American for gods sake!

Still, take some bends and any car will pretty much own an american muscle car. American roads are much straighter than Jap/Euro counterparts, which is why they are straight liners.

Any idiot can go fast in a straight line.

Going round bends people....it's where the skill, fun, and thrill factor are.

Unless of course, you want to drag race (and maybe blow up with all that nitrous...:lol:)

And remember my american chums: ***your fuel costs f-all!!!!***

(everywhere else is a fortune because of different tax systems)

edit: P8 mentioned rallying - which is considered THE toughest motorsport in the world. The ford focus WRC was tuned to do 0-60mph in 3 seconds. try getting a lump of muscle to do that, and then go round bends at break neck speeds ;)

and define good gas mileage....(per $/

Edited by sdy284

erm yeah apart from low-end beemers/benzes, those cars you quoted sdy284, are all mid-higher range sports cars not standard and affordable ones.

the fact that most of the americans here did NOT vote ricer (see the results) shows that americans are patriotic and for their incomes/or situations/preferences, they prefer the all american car (why not? you can afford the petrol fees).

the american fan-boys are still dodging the cornering issue. too much power is not always too good. if you have the racing setup of a porsche (yuck) or a TVR, then, yes, you pay

yea i didn't say that MORE voted ricer, i just said alot did, meaning that even some americans (mainly the young ones i betcha (ala the 13-17 age group)) voted ricer. I voted american muscle, mainly because you can make some crazy power out of v8's with minimal modifications..and some even handle...vette C6, caddy CTS-V but remember, you can make any car handle with some add on suspension goodies (almost anycar)

and i didn't really understand what you said about the lower end bmws/benzes...:blink:

Edited by sdy284

i meant that they are the only affordable cars that use RWD - the rest are pretty much FWD and affordable (in europe, due to absurd taxation). even the Focus Cosworth is FWD, as too are the Golf GTi, Astra V6 etc etc...

we cannot afford the same things as the americans in terms of cars!!

but i did mention stock too - we're talking stock vehicles, cos with enough money (obviously not sense) a car can be anything you want it to be!

well the cosworth, gti and astra area all fwd cuz they are based of of lesser models that are already fwd. (granted, even a base focus and golf still handle pretty good) and if it wasn't for the US crash restrictions...we would have some of the good cars that you euroboys get :P but if it came down to it...i would go euro over japanese and american

yeah we can only afford FWD due to manufacturing costs - the companies recognise that we cant afford it and also, it costs them less to for our demand. you rarely see many big-selling cars over 2.2 litres over here. japs have a tendancy to be prone to rotting away (their steel mills are not as good as over here in the US and Europe). the americans would cost a friggin joke to fill up here....