Doom 3

Joost27

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude that sux u cant play on high settings on a 9800pro.... makes me sad.. i was kinda hopeing to buy one when the prices went down. :(

Same here I was hoping to get one to play the game... think I'll have to stick with my 9600XT until I get enough money for a 6800. :(

I was in the Comm tower last night and I had almost completely run out of ammo, so I just did a kamakazi run with the classic yet brutal chainsaw. Mowed through demons in seconds. Except pinky demons, those things are made for melee, don't go after THEM with a chainsaw.

it plays fine on my 9800pro i had to take 20mhz off the core from 411 to 391. running high details 1280x1024 no af in ati control panel and averaging around 40fps but it dips down some times to the 20's

Why did you have to lower your OC? Were you getting artifacts? :unsure:

i run mine at 1024x768, high settings, little bumps sometimes, havnt got my vid or cpu overclocked tho, and havnt tried anything higher. Are u guys using fraps to get your fps?

lol im seriously gonna cry man, the 9800 doesnt run at good resolution, us lil guys have to spend so much and get crap for it 40 fps what the heck is that , thats sad and some guy said he had a p4 oc'ed to 3.0 and still getting low fps wow it just makes me sad..

Well, I'm picking it up today at 6pm. (free). I'm just hoping to god that my system will support it well. I'm tempted to upgrade to a 3500+ 939 and the new Neo2, and then throw a X800 on that, but that would set me back $800, and college is a bit more important.