Doom 3

Joost27

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just started playing the game .

just got the shotgun , so far it great.

im playing max on my vga settings as well as ultra in the game.

seems to be playing just fine.

also using the bata 4.9 ati drivers

how u guys like'en it so far ?

btw: my son (13 yrs old ) blurted out" mommy "during his game play.

seems he was alittle in to the game. lol . that makes me laugh.

Well, I got to the Alpha Labs and got the security key. Ammo is scarce after killing so many creatures. I am running out. Used Fraps to do some benchmarking. Recorded for about half an hour, basically the entire part when you get to Alpha Labs and have to get the key.

Res: 1024x768

Qual : High

Everything on

AA : 4x

VSync is on

The FPS is always at 30-60. It only drops into the 30 range when there is lots and lots of stuff happening. I see no lag, or stuttering. I had to turn vsync on b/c of severe verticle tearing.

The shadows this game has is amazing. At one point I came across a seance thing and 3 fire thrower creatures (Imps?) appeared and there was a hanging light that started to sway. Beautiful is all I have to say, if you take out all the gore and stuff that is. The shadows/lighting is light years beyond of what Splinter Cell did.

:withstupid: Creeps the hell out of me.. best play it late at night, with the volume up and lights off. You know when a game gets the adrenaline going and gets you breathing faster thats its doing something right.

It hasn't been that hard yet.. but am not 'that' far into it... dang cool though.

just started playing the game .

just got the shotgun , so far it great.

im playing max on my vga settings as well as ultra in the game.

seems to be playing just fine.

also using the bata 4.9 ati drivers

how u guys like'en it so far ?

btw: my son (13 yrs old ) blurted out" mommy "during his game play.

seems he was alittle in to the game. lol . that makes me laugh.

What resolution are you playing at?

probably because its "com_showfps 1" :P if you really wanna mess with your gmaing experience... use "in_alwaysrun" and then "pm_runspeed 600" hehe , also, for anyone who might be having issues getting into the console, its ctr + alt + ~ and then type in "com_allowconsole 1" , for those looking to try and bench.. just type "timedemo demo1" and it will give you a running fps after playing a small pre-recorded demo