Sign in to follow this  
Joost27

Doom 3

so can anyone with a 9600xt tell me whats the best res/quality you're pushing? the game isn't out over here till the 13th :( got friends in the game shops who can't even get me a copy early. my student loan is definetly going on a new card, i can't play games unless i can see all the eye candy, i feel cheated without lol

Picked it up at Gamestop @ 1pm. Been playing at work for about an hour on a 1.8 P4 with 512mb ram and a 9200se. Beleive it or not, very playable. Can not wait to get home and put it on my home sys. I hope the 5.1 sound at home wakes the neighbors. Can anyone call in sick for me tomorrow? :D

I am playing it @ 1024x768 on high graphics and its smooth. Very great game so far. I hope it has some open levels like doom2 had. Did anyone notice the health sounds when you pickup a medkit are from Quake3?

My wife got the game for me today while I was at work. I've played it for a couple hours. Love the game, just not as scary as I thought it would be.

I just finished about 25 mintues of it. The graphics are UNFREAKINGBELIAVABLE!!!

This game is FAR FAR better than Far Cry. WHich is an outstanding game.

Oh, I'm playing at 1280x1024/high quality.

Hey

I just want to say a little about my experience with Doom3. Got it today at 1:00pm est. I am just at the end of the Alpha Labs...(sector 4 I think :O)

I run 1024x768, high qualty, AA and AF 4x with Amd Athlon Xp 2200, 5900xt and 768 pc2100 ram. It runs and 40fps walking around, drops to 30ish when I shoot a 1 or 2 monsters and gets real laggy when a lot attack. When mosters jump at me the games jumps frames.

The game itself is ASTOUNDING B) The first part of it is soooooo...... creepy but you love it. I guna play it the rest of the night. I hope this eases hardware worries for ya :lol:

Later

PS. Fav weapon Shotgun :) good for killing two headed monsters

Edited by [R]BENDER

Just got doom 3. Playing on high quality, 4x AA, 1024x768. No stuttering. Had it at very high, and it would lag on door opening, so I toned it down.

I am stuck though. Got back to Marine HQ and was told to goto Alpha Labs. Where is Alpha Labs? I find myself going in circles. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Dasterdly

Just got doom 3. Playing on high quality, 4x AA, 1240x780. No stuttering. Had it at very high, and it would lag on door opening, so I toned it down.

I am stuck though. Got back to Marine HQ and was told to goto Alpha Labs. Where is Alpha Labs? I find myself going in circles. Any help would be appreciated.

Head back towards where you first come in, (where you start the game). Alpha labs will be posted above one of the doors, its by the desk where you get your pda.

ok ok, so lets see some benchmarks already, ive been scouring the net for REAL WORLD benchmarks by people on REAL WORLD machines, can't believe there isn't any up yet

so how is the multiplayer guys?