Challenge For Anybody Here

Neo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No overclocking? That is a bunch of crap...a system built of the same components at the same clock speeds will perform the same. It doesn't matter if billy-bob and his 12 wives build it, or if Alienware builds, the same components will perform equally. I'll bet he uses a bunch of cheap tricks to win. (i.e. hidden overclocking utilities, stripped down windows, etc.)

No overclocking?  That is a bunch of crap...a system built of the same components at the same clock speeds will perform the same.  It doesn't matter if billy-bob and his 12 wives build it, or if Alienware builds, the same components will perform equally.  I'll bet he uses a bunch of cheap tricks to win.  (i.e. hidden overclocking utilities,  stripped down windows, etc.)

:withstupid: I agree, if he had a 3rd party judge or benching from a fresh windows install I might considor pitting my 2500+ with STOCK cooling on his... aside from that...

Edited by Duff Man

hmm. is there a price cap on it?

dual opteron 248 cpus (basically dual fx-51 cpus)

16gb pc3200 registered ECC

tyan dual socket 940 workstation board (8 dimm slots and 8x agp pro)

twin 73gb 15k u320 scsi hdds with 16mb cache

adaptec scsi card with an additional gb of ram for the drives cache

radeon 9800 xt

I mean I can EASILY spend $20k on a system that will blow that thing out of the water. however 2 questions remain. is it worth the $1000 for me to do so? no. is it worth bragging rights for me to do so? no.

BTW we've got a ship date for the FX-53 and the DFI nforce 3 250 pro mobos for that chip :) March 20th! that's the day they're supposed to arrive at distro. I just have to go over there and "aquire" one for my rig.

aquire means talk walter into letting me get them before the official release to the public :)

BTW special K, I already can. those drives are SLOW, and it's only got a single stinking GB of ram! blah. I have 2 rigs that will beat that.

Edited by bigred

His FX-51 rig would be the thing to beat, but here's my problem with this guy.

You can bet that his rig wouldn't be stock or all "default" settings. If I e-mailed him right now and told him that I wanted to challenge him with my A64 rig, he'd be up all night tweaking and playing to make sure he won. And even if he lost fair and square, he'd come up with reasons and excuses to claim himself the victor.

Now...If he would be willing to go head to head on a all-out brawling competition, I'd be glad to put any rig of mine against his. But, he's not playing fair and making rules to better suit him.

He says that the rig can't be OC'ed and sellable? What if my rig passes a 48HR prime test with no problems, and if I offer $200 for my rig I'd be someone would buy it?

even at stock speeds my opteron 248 would win. I've seen what those 2 drives can do to a system's performance. when I first got them my old PIII 1ghz used to run with XP 1800+ chips and the P4's of the day just fine at lan parties. why you ask? 15,000 rpm drives carried that rig until I started spending like crazy on building a new home for them. I just got a pair of 73gb 15k drives from an un-named source at maxtor :) time to find a raid controller for them. tack those on with 4 times the ram and he's in for a world of hurt.

OH yeah, that extra 1mb of L2 cache he's missing just for good measure.

Hello

After reading though the guys webstie he SEEMS EXTREMLY Cocky for a Business owner. To be ruuning a contest like this that is vauge in the rules, I think there is no question he will play crooked.

I mean he has a section where he points out what He THINKS a business should be like. It is very funney. It rats and raves about how the Business should be the slave to the customer needs and wants. But if you look further there is a section about how if they work on your computer and somehow loose you data THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE!!! How dumb is he!?!

The only vileable thing i can see on his website is he got a great score when PcGamer reviewed on of TAC's computers.

Gee, who has a rig that could beat them? Not sure. BigRed, Nuclear, you guys have any ideas? :P

i think a lot of people here can take on that "thing" .... im just thinking.. what the heck . theyr gona put that one against other peoples comps for 1k? what the heck?? that "thing"

I'm willing to bet if one of us did step up to him, he'd just say it's a marketing thing, and not open to other system builders or some crap like that. or that he'll only go up against another name brand system (which I can put the company tag on my box now, since most of the parts are from the store)

Guest Arauthator

Let me guess, he's trying to get "you" into "his" shop and spend 3,000 to 4,000 bucks and in return he will give you a thousand? Hmmm

I met this girl in a bar once. I says, I bet you a buck I can shake your tattas (very large ones) without touching them or moving you. So, this poor woman being curious says in a polite way, "ok, your on" Well, I just had to reach up, grab em' and move em' around with my bare hands. I then gave her the dollar.

Edited by Arauthator

BENDER,Feb 27 2004, 09:10 PM] After reading though the guys webstie he SEEMS EXTREMLY Cocky for a Business owner. To be ruuning a contest like this that is vauge in the rules, I think there is no question he will play crooked.

sounds more like he's just ignorant of the market at which he's try to sell.

his "bulletproof supernova": is using pc2700 ram and a 9600 pro for goodness sake.

He probably could not bet my Dads Slow Computer. Its a loose loose situation with him no matter what you do. He makes the rules hes the judge and jury and prosecutor and executioner of the contest. I bet if you won he would find some way or reason not to pay you!

Edited by road-runner