Challenge For Anybody Here

Neo

Okay I just had to share this with OCC. I don't know if anybody lives in Utah but we have a local computer store called "Totally Awesome Computers" (it's pretty lame) Anyway I just saw a T.V. commercial from them saying that if anybody can build a faster rig than they can, they will give you a $1,000.00!!! I am sure that somebody at OCC could do this very easily, and it would be quick money. (not to mention I would love to see this guy eat his words) I didn't hear any rules or exceptions to the challenge so it sounds pretty straight up guys. Just thought I would pass the info along.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we should all rally together in this thread to creat the ULTIMATE RIG but who plays for it?

and also is it only the cpu speed?

do u need stuff like GPU's hard drives etc. because u can just have a mobo cpu blah blah

because i saw someone guy overclock to 5ghz with liquid nitrogen

Heck, we could just use our current systems...no point in building a new one. The guy probably doesn't overclock, so he stands no chance. Is the guy willing to just exchange benchmark scores over the internet, or does he want to meet in person? If he'll do it over the internet, then Bigred or Nuclear could EASILY stomp all over him with their comps. Or if all else fails even MY little comp could beat anything he can make if I ramp my cpu up to above 2.4ghz. (not entirely stable, but stable enough to run benches)

no he said 1000 dollars prize

yes i know he said a 1000 prize, but if u build another uber computer with ur own money and u win that 1000 dollars is barely enough to cover ur costs or it does it doesn't giv eu much prize money.