The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Jeez it's beta keep that in mind. Your tears over small things are hilarious. I for one hope that when I unlock something it does give me an advantage and is worth unlocking. What would be the point otherwise?

As for ruining the sniper class that's fine. Keeps the kids that want to lay in bushes all day from dominating a map.

There are things in the game that I don't particularly like(tactical flashlights blinding you) but I can live with them as it stands(again it is in beta).

I know its still in beta phase, so I'm going to refrain from criticizing the bugs too much at the moment, BUT they sure have a LOT of work to do in less than a month.....

I personally think that it will be just as buggy as BF2 was when it was released. I've got about 2 hours of playing time. So far, its just frozen up mid game 3 times, crashed to desktop mid game twice, and crashed once when trying to start the game. This isn't counting the slew of in game bugs Ive been noticing every few minutes. A lot of other ppl are complaining about similar things. EA sure has a lot on its plate to work on right now.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

I also don'rt like the fact that I can't change options on the loadout screen, like you could in BC2. I have to go into the game, hide, and then hope no one finds me while I'm changing bindings or whatever

The unlocks are strictly unlocked for the weapon you got it with, so unless you've unlocked a weapon you can use on both teams you're not going to use the same weapon on both teams (AK - M16), therefore no unlocked sight.

I understand that's how it works, I'm just saying that's a bad decision. Considering how long it took for my damn scope to unlock, I don't want to have to go through another 6 games to get a scope on the other gun.

I still wish I had $60 to pre-order it. Not having a job SUCKS!

I've had problems in both Chrome and IE9. Try Firefox, it's working the best for me

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. However despite downloading Firefox and trying to join/create a party it still doesn't work. :(

We are aware that a number of servers have appeared and are running game modes and player counts that have not currently been seen. Please try to remain on official servers. Official servers run the following configuration: Max Players: 32 Map: Operation Metro Mode: RUSH. Please avoid temptation and remain on these official servers while we work to have these servers dealt with. Playing on those servers can cause your account to become compromised, stats to be altered or other issues to arise which may lead to having your account banned by EA.

DICE says to stay away from unofficial servers.

You know what really bothers me though...the SVD seems to have better accuracy(as in less drop) than the bolt action sniper. :angry:

Seems they promote to use noob semi snipers.

Semi-Auto starter snipers are suppose to be like that. That's why they do less damage.

==========================

Red Orchestra 2 beta and launch was similar to the state BF3 is in. Yet even a small company like TWI managed to fixed many bugs since beta. Bugs will get fixed eventually and if you're the kind of person who can't play a buggy game then just don't buy BF3. Have faith in DICE to fix bugs is all I can say. If anyone doesn't like how BC2 turned out then don't buy BF3. Leave this thread and game and never turned back. If you're not reporting bugs or making suggestions to improve the game then don't bother posting.

Compiled unlock attachments list for Recon Class

The unlock intervals are 10-100 (10 kill intervals), 100-200 (25 kill intervals), and 200-270 (35 kill intervals). I believe this is for all the other classes as well.

Considering a quite a bit of players on BC2 shoot to unlock gold star or platinum star per weapon, its is an easy achievement. At least in my eyes. I have yet to use a gun in this game that is bad.

Ultra settings are just placeholder for retail. Just like Alpha and BC2 beta it seems.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I also don'rt like the fact that I can't change options on the loadout screen, like you could in BC2. I have to go into the game, hide, and then hope no one finds me while I'm changing bindings or whatever.

Half the time when I was trying to do that I would get half way through the settings, someone would kill me, and I would have to redo all that again. Honestly what were they thinking when they decided to force someone into a game just to change options?

Wait so semi auto snipers are more accurate on purpose? freaking(replace with other f word) stupid.

The next time I play, I'll use the Recon class and see what's up. I usually only use the Recon class with shotgun and place respawn beacons, never really used the sniper rifles.