The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

i was playing the BF3 Beta on the 360 which made me cancel my pre-order. it's total crap and it reminds of me a bad port from a PC game. not something built as a standalone game like Bad Company.

You guys are scaring me away with this stuff! I guess I could pull my pre-order and put it on Uncharted 3...

Game is kinda boring. BC3 to be exact. Snipers are such a joke to use once again(SVD is the biggest lol and the MK11 I think its called) and rocket launcher galore.

I haven't seen much rocket launcher action myself, mostly I see people using them to destroy dumpsters, walls, etc. Especially on the final stage with the windows, that's pretty much all I did one game, just destroyed all those windows. The destruction so far is fantastic though, I like being able to bring my enemies out of hiding.

All of you guys saying the game is boring, I'm obviously not playing the same game as you. I guess it's about as much fun as you make it, if you hang back it's not gonna get very exciting, if your pushing for the win it's awesome, especially playing with a friend or two.

Suck on this one: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/253371/1/328424698/

I think the game is amazing. Add in different maps, vehicles, and a little bug polish and it's the best game I've played to date. I'd like to get into a server easier of course as I can't get into one today for various reasons. They are either all full or it has some failure to connect and tells me to check my firewall settings even though nothing has changed on my end. But that's beta and this is what the testing is for. I love it when I can play. Plan on having a 64 man server up on day 1.

We are currently having issues with passwords containing

special characters (such as &%<>).

Until we have fixed this, you can change your password to

only use alphanumeric characters at http://profile.ea.com

Go to change my password and I get this error:

System Error. Please try again later.

Haha :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

The deadliest bush principle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKgHr8UvNY

That was something I noticed while playing earlier, anyone with the PP-2000 seems to have it pretty easy, it seems like there isn't hardly any recoil to weapon compared to everything else available. It seems to me that it's far more accurate than most weapons as well.

I haven't used the weapon myself yet though, that's why I say seems to be.

Just finished a 2 hour session on the PS3. Grabbed a lot of dog tags :D Need to do gymnastics with your fingers on a controller to be able to arm/disarm while still aiming and shooting. Much easier to do on the PC :D

I like that Recon has that portable respawn beacon (similar to what the squad leader could unlock in BF 2142).

Sometimes I wonder how people are shooting me when I can't visually see them from my POV (like head to head fighting).

Edited by Krazyxazn

I played a couple hours today. Not many problems, except that it really hurts my eyes. I tried turning the graphics down, motion blur off, etc, but it still bothers me a lot. The only other time I've experienced a similar feeling is when I was trying to read text on my pc when it was hooked up to my 52" 1080p tv. Any idea how I can fix this small issue? I really don't want it to hold me back from getting the game, because I thought it was pretty fun.