The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

The next time I play, I'll use the Recon class and see what's up. I usually only use the Recon class with shotgun and place respawn beacons, never really used the sniper rifles.

Well I don't know maybe it was just because I used the 12x scope now but it was really weird. I was shooting high and then low and never on target yet the guy with the SVD had no issues hitting me..

Well I don't know maybe it was just because I used the 12x scope now but it was really weird. I was shooting high and then low and never on target yet the guy with the SVD had no issues hitting me..

Just finished 3 games playing solely recon. Didn't have any issues, its probably because I play recon within 50-100 meters of objectives instead of far away.

I highly suggest using sniper rifles without scopes, just ironsights. Not as fun as shooting bolt action rifles in RO2, since they aren't 1 hit kill in BF3 (2 hits at full health). Had a blast using SVD, MK11 and SV98 on ironsights.

For those who don't know, scopes 6x magnification and over have the lens flare. So if you don't want to give away your position use 4x or lower.

Eh, just tried the beta, don't know what the hype is about.

Might take a few games to sink in. It did for me at least during Alpha.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Was there another update? Because the SV98 doesn't kill with 1 hit anymore(unless they are running or in the head). I mean its fine with me, but if there is a sniper war the semi will always win because of obvious reasons. I tried with a scope, lol kind of a joke. 17-1, top player and I joined late.

Also the UMP reminds me of that crazy rape weapon called the UMP in MW2, super accurate, really high damage and almost no recoil. Damn I love this gun :D

Edited by Krieg1337

I don't know about drop but the SVD is definitely very accurate. I tried it with the default 7x scope, the 4x scope, and then iron sights, and I didn't have any trouble hitting the targets no matter how far away they were. It's actually kind of surprising how much better the sniper rifle is with iron sights though, going to try out the MK11 now.

I don't know about drop but the SVD is definitely very accurate. I tried it with the default 7x scope, the 4x scope, and then iron sights, and I didn't have any trouble hitting the targets no matter how far away they were. It's actually kind of surprising how much better the sniper rifle is with iron sights though, going to try out the MK11 now.

Agreed, but I think if we play a map like Caspian Border which sounded massive, then I think the scopes are going to be useful :)

Using the MK11 I did alright, 6-2, but I think the weapon just has a lot more recoil than the SVD. That's what made the SVD easy for me to use, low recoil and it seemed to snap back into place faster. I would say the iron sights on the MK11 are preferable though, they feel like they'd be more accurate but the recoil makes it a lot more challenging to aim so they're less useful. Guess I'll give the SV98 a try now then.

SV98 seems pretty useless without the scope, it's either you get a headshot on them or you die with the weapon mostly.

Edited by Deathmineral

Weird, I found the SV98 really easy to use, especially when they are running(its always a 1 shot kill because you take more damage when you run). I wouldn't recommend it for attacking though, defending I just sit in a good spot and then proceed to sniping with the iron sights.