The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

bug

Yeah I was dying with 1 shot from an AK when I ran, but 5-6 when I don't. I wonder if it will be that you take a small bit more damage if you run in the final version or its all together gonna be gone.

Yeah I was dying with 1 shot from an AK when I ran, but 5-6 when I don't. I wonder if it will be that you take a small bit more damage if you run in the final version or its all together gonna be gone.

Oh ya, not sure why I didn't connect the dots until now but I had been wondering why some people get 1 shot kills on me with weaker weapons. Personally I hope it doesn't cause anymore damage in the final version, it's hard enough to get around with people shooting at you but if they can do more damage at the same time, well you can bet there will be a lot more campers sitting around.

Well one thing I really hope for is that the .50 cal actually does 1 shot kills to the body(not legs) and up because if it doesn't I will be a bit pissed. I remember BF2 it didn't 1 shot either(I think chest might have actually counted as 1 shot) and it was really annoying and therefore one of the most underused guns(L96 had better accuracy and did basically the same damage since you had to get a headshot to kill someone)

Well one thing I really hope for is that the .50 cal actually does 1 shot kills to the body(not legs) and up because if it doesn't I will be a bit pissed. I remember BF2 it didn't 1 shot either(I think chest might have actually counted as 1 shot) and it was really annoying and therefore one of the most underused guns(L96 had better accuracy and did basically the same damage since you had to get a headshot to kill someone)

BC2 was that way as well, most people use the Gol Magnum and SV98 because they offered the greatest accuracy. The 50cal was pretty difficult to measure bullet drop for compared to other rifles so not too many people used it, personally I used it a lot for shooting at helicopters.

BF has always done 2 hits to kill with sniper rifles (excluding some of the lower semi-automatics, which mostly fire regular assault rifle rounds). In BF2 the M95 did the most damage in one hit, leaving players very low. It also had armor penetration through windshields. You have the hardcore mode for 1 hit kill snipers, but then hardcore modes also has a bazillion snipers going after the same thing. Reminds me of AWP noobs on CS, use a Scout like a pro :P.

They said it could be awhile to fix that one. I wouldn't bet on it being fixed by final release. They still haven't figured out why its doing it, just the when.

They said it could be awhile to fix that one. I wouldn't bet on it being fixed by final release. They still haven't figured out why its doing it, just the when.

check my last post. or read this

"* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage."

Edited by ShallowBay

Battlelog is finally showing my PS3 stats :D

This game really needs unlockable sunglasses. Pistol + flashlight > all guns during the 3rd zone.

"* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage."

Sweet.

Edited by Krazyxazn

What resolution do you play on?

1920x1080 Ran it on Ultra all weekend. I have to run fraps but it was smooth. I thought it would struggle outside but it didn't. Game needs some polishing as far as game play goes but graphically I had no issues. Some friends had all kinds of crashing issues but it was fairly flawless for me.

Edited by InCrYsIs

1920x1080 Ran it on Ultra all weekend. I have to run fraps but it was smooth. I thought it would struggle outside but it didn't. Game needs some polishing as far as game play goes but graphically I had no issues. Some friends had all kinds of crashing issues but it was fairly flawless for me.

DICE said Ultra isn't in the game, High is the current max in the beta like in Alpha.