The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

it doesnt appeal to me like bf2 and bf1942 or even bfv

Yea, Bad Company is the console offspring of Battlefield. Doesn't have the same feel as its predecessors. I heard Battlefield: Modern Combat was better, but I've never played it (The first console BF game).

Lets make this interesting and post our suggestions/wishlist for BF3. You can then add it to the official BF3 suggestion thread on EA Forums.

My BF3 Wishlist:

1) 6 Man Squad with Squad Leader*

2) Squad Leader with more features (Like in BF2142. Ability to draw on minimap or battle/tactical map for squad to see)

3) Commander Slot with more features

4) Removal of Health Regeneration and all perks including extra armor, extra damage, and etc. (excluding weapon attachments and gadgets)

5) Removal of revive immunity. Be revived with only 50% HP.

6) Weapons fixed to certain factions (at least the starter ones like BF2)

7) New unlock-able weapons that we haven't seen over and over in BF (talking about the transition from BC1 to BC2 or have some guns but make them really good and distinct)

8) Demo recorder like Halo and CoD: BO

9) Ability to form groups outside of a server on a PC (Like console's squad lobby, but bigger)

10) No 3D Spotting, only show up on minimap

11) Radio Commands

12) Specialized classes, instead of do it all classes (BF2 classes and not BC2 classes)

13) Aerial only map?

14) Selective fire modes

XX) Hell I might even be interested in seeing zero attachments to weapons just like BF2. Killing people with ironsights is so much more rewarding than scopes.

==================================

Found an interesting product page for BF3 on a Swedish Site (I'll bold/underlined the interesting parts, wonder if this is a real feature list from DICE or not) *Take with a grain of salt

Feel The Battle! This case, PREPARE to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite gaming engine 2.

Battlefield 3 Leaps Ahead Of The Competition With The Power Of Frostbite ™ 2, the next installment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on Which Battlefield 3 is built, Delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly life-like character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the Ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive Than Ever Before.

In Battlefield 3, players Step Into The Role of the elite U.S. Marines Where Do They Will Experience Heart-Pounding single-player missions and multiplayer Competitive actions ranging across various locations from around the globe Including Paris, Tehran and New York

Features:

• Frostbite 2 - Battlefield 3 intro Frostbite 2, The Incredible Technology That takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerse players physically and Emotionally to the world around Them like Never Before.

• Feel the Battle - Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, pull your case comrades intonation safety, and mount your weapon on Almost Any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay assault your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.

• unparalleled Vehicle Warfare - The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.

• Urban Combat - Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe Including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtown, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.

I hope the ability to mount weapons on anything is actually in this game. Mounting does wonders in Red Orchestra. I wonder if they will add a suppressive fire effect like RO's Darkest Hour mod. Basically what it does is it blurs your screen a bit. Giving you the feeling of being shot at. Making you not want to get out of cover to fire back (basically translating the real-world feeling of suppressive fire to an actual game). Most games you don't ever get that feeling.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Beyond excited for this game

My BF3 Wishlist:

Customizable Soldiers

No prone

Improved hitboxes (from bc2)

Bigger squads

Friend lobbys (like Halo)

New unique weapons and vehicles

Good mix of small and large maps

Improved chat

JETS!

PC version should be vastly superior considering its capabilities.

Thats just about it off the top of my head

Edited by ShallowBay

Yep looks like the product page features list is real. They are also posted on Gamestop and Amazon too.

Expect to see:

• US, MEC, EU (European locations, not sure about an EU military)
  • Feel the impact of bullets and explosions
  • Drag your fallen comrades into safety
  • Mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain
  • Urban and Open maps

Edited by Krazyxazn

Yep looks like the product page features list is real. They are also posted on Gamestop and Amazon too.

Expect to see:

• US, MEC, EU (European locations, not sure about an EU military)
  • Feel the impact of bullets and explosions
  • Drag your fallen comrades into safety
  • Mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain
  • Urban and Open maps

hmmm. Interesting

Edited by ShallowBay

BF3 will destroy MW3 sales :)

Aside from that, I think this may be one of the only games I buy this year.

:withstupid:

I miss prop jobs, i wont mind jets as long as they levels are big enough to warrant them. I want some new vehicles!!! (the best part of the battlefield series)