The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Battlefield 3 – 12 Minute Gameplay Footage Incoming (on April 17)

Not sure if its going to be all new footage or just the Fault Line series all combined together.

Battlefield 3 Features 12 Hour Campaign

Length isn't the issue, if the content doesn't keep me interested. Playing SP from recent FPS games like Black Ops and Bad Company 2. I always had this feeling: "is it over yet?" Even those lengths 5-6 hours people consider short. To me it felt like playing something very long and wasn't all that interesting.

Hopefully they will get SP right. Cause I've played long SP games before and never felt "is it over yet."

well glad they finally have a tenative date for release since i pre bought it already. I just wish it was a lil closer than that as I am sick of wow and beat homefront 2 times in less than 10 hours on normal mode forgot to change it to hard mode on the second try :P

My son ( 8 ), went through the SP in Homefront in 2.5 hours on easy and 3 on normal, I've yet to play it, but the MP is ohkay.

For BF3 I want the maps back. I miss the gigantic maps, and truly getting into an organized team play. One of the biggest things I liked about the first 2 titles, the structure of the game: It required people skilled in multiple aspects, and really forced you to work together. There hasn't been a game quite like it that I'm personally aware of that did this. Op FP had soem decent sized maps, but I really couldn't get into the gameplay. The rest of the games that I've played teh maps are too small. BC2 was / in an absolute joke of a game in my opinion and I was a preorder-ee... the game lasted no longer then 14 days in my machine. A reformat, and I've yet to reinstall it. PreOrdered Black Ops( still don't have the map pack ), Not really a miserable COD title, and havn't put HF down since the download came in. Maps aren't ridiculous for the size / # of players. Half decent graphics ( when the drivers aren't crashing )... but none of it eqates to BF2... I was seriously thinking abotu reinstalling for PR mod again the other day... Still might...

Just my 2 cents.