The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

BF3 has been in 3 years of development, longer than the time spent on BC2 (1.5 years). BF3 is on Frostbite 2.0 and not 1.5. DICE also said Bad Company Series is just a testing platform for future BF games. They even said that back when BC1 came out. Plus BF3 team is largest yet for them.

All games have bugs that don't get fixed. Hell in WoW they still got the broken camera angle that locks your viewing angle in the wrong direction (after how many years?)

Edited by Krazyxazn

The drag to cover option looks nice, hopefully rez'ing someone will take a few seconds now.

It's actually a quick-time event from singeplayer campaign. So not sure if its going to be in the multiplayer. If it is then I really hope they change the way the game plays in multiplayer if they want to add that feature to make it actually useful haha.

I still imagine seeing medics running into the line of fire and prone/crouch and shock pads then run the hell out of there :D The current way medic works makes a drag feature in multiplayer almost pointless. So again I really hope they change the way the game plays. I would love to see Red Orchestra mechanics in a BF world. With RO2 I will be getting something similar to that, except for aircraft and medics.

Edited by Krazyxazn

It's actually a quick-time event from singeplayer campaign. So not sure if its going to be in the multiplayer.

From EA:

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.

From EA:

Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3's cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warrior's experience like no other FPS.

Yea I already seen that, doesn't mean much since we haven't seen multiplayer yet. GamerInformer article that mentioned dragging said it was a quick-time event that happened during campaign mode. I'm not saying it is or isn't in multiplayer. I'm saying it doesn't look like it would fit into the current playstyle of medics in BF. I mean who's going to risk their life to slowly drag someone out when the current system is run like hell revive then run like hell to safety.

=========

I hope they release substantial information about this game and longer gameplay videos of both singleplayer and multiplayer, next month.

Edited by Krazyxazn

fixed (:

Only 1 week away till their official announcement during GDC.

=========

Battlefield 3 Producer Dissects The FPS Genre

Battlefield Community Manager Zh1nt0 said that Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula will all feature, saying that “together, these maps have over 25.000 years of playtime.”

I got 90 hrs on Wake Island of my total ~250 hrs in BF2 :D That map has every thing. Island hopping, tanks, jeeps, amphibious APC, speed boats, attack helicopters, transport helicopters, aircraft carrier, and jets.

Strike at Karkand hopefully is better now, since you spawned with less grenades.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I know that no "official" requirements have been announced for BF3 yet. But I was wondering what everyone's opinion is... Do you think that an AMD Athlon II X3 445 Rana 3.1GHz will be enough to run it? I have unlocked the 4th core. Thanks for the help