The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

Things We Know about Battlefield 3 (Updated: 6/8/11)

Finally got around to updating that 1st post. I removed the long list and put it on my WordPress, since it handles importing Word docs. Removed the older videos and put up all the newer E3 videos.

=============

Kotick throws water on BF3′s chances against MW3

“So far, I’ve only seen Battlefield 3 on a PC. I haven’t seen it on a console where the bulk of our business is,” Kotick told CNBC at Nintendo’s E3 press conference in a video interview

“If it’s just a PC title, as it looks like today, that’s just a small audience to participate,” he added.

Hmm, console gameplay footage just might be around the corner Kotick :P

http://k.min.us/iRxVM.JPG

http://k.min.us/iVXwW.JPG

=============

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gv0ANnHFqc

From their feedback Recon is going to be more skill orientated. More sway in scope by default. Mega sway after you let go of Hold Breath Key.

2 swipes with knife to kill from the front (Think Counter Strike Right Click on Knife)

They are making support class sound fun to play. I hope its like RO the MG class in that game is beastly.

You die. A medic comes and hits u with shock pads. Then you receive the option to be revive or to die and respawn. So its like Brink's injection syringe.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Now, my question is this: I'm seeing a bunch of hype for the Origin thing, and it keeps saying if you pre-pay through it or w/e, you get the karkand expansion pack free. Do you still get the pack if you pre-ordered through the EA store for the physical copy?

Cheers, my blog post was tweeted by BF Community Manager :D (Views on that page have sky rocketed)

Things We Know about Battlefield 3 (Updated: 6/10/11) <-- Updated to provide citations, since no one ever trusts me :P

Now, my question is this: I'm seeing a bunch of hype for the Origin thing, and it keeps saying if you pre-pay through it or w/e, you get the karkand expansion pack free. Do you still get the pack if you pre-ordered through the EA store for the physical copy?

I don't think there is really any excitement/hype for EA Origin. But on another note, it won't matter where you preorder BF3. All preorders will be upgraded to Limited Edition and Physical Warfare Pack.

Limited Edition = Back to Karkand Expansion

Physical Warfare Pack = Exclusive and Day 1 access to weapons, ammo type, and attachments. <-- This one might depend on where you purchase

Currently they've only released information for the Physical Warfare Pack for the UK, but there will be a similar one coming to the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SkJC6cLPOw

Edited by Krazyxazn

If you're a console player and wondering what BF3 will look like on the consoles. They will be demoing the PS3 version on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight.

Does anybody know that theme song at 6:40 in the Thunder Run analysis video?

Credits show they are all from the BF 2142 OST, J. "Heals" Healy, and Remo Baldi.

=========

Physical Warfare Pack available to all Battlefield 3 players later this year

Edited by Krazyxazn

I Played Battlefield 3: 20 min of hands on awesomeness.

This year I was lucky enough to attend E3. First thing I did was get in line for Battlefield. Then I waited in line for two hours...

I did however gleam a bit of info that I thought I would share

Kits:

Four kits similar to 2142: Assault Medic; Engineer; Recon; Support (Support now carries ammo)

Medic could not run with med kit out. worked almost like a grenade. you though it out then go back to gun.

Defib is no longer an "instant click." There is a charge time for the defib where you have to hold the button down for it to work. You can "pre-charge" the defib while running and then time it right for a quick revive.

Support can now "mount" their guns. One of the unlocks for support is a bi-pod. The bi-pod attaches to surfaces when zoomed in and give support a lot more accuracy. However when bi-bod is deployed, support cannot move, and must retract the bi-pod (zoom out) before they can move again.

Squad size:

4 players, however when asked if that was the final size they said that there was still some internal debate going on about that. For the demo they were showing you were locked into squads of 4, but they said changes could still happen.

Squad Spawning:

Squad member can only spawn on SL's (or team spawn points)

SL's however can spawn on any SM (or team spawn point)

Commanders:

They are not ready to release any information at this time (This was there actual response when directly asked about commanders)

Aside from that the graphics looked great, and the animations were very smooth. I'm sure there are a few things i'm forgetting, and I will add them when I think of it. Until then. I will just say. If you have not pre-ordered yet, do it now. You will not be disappointed.